id Software has decided that they want to do a beta run of the DOOM3 patch before sending it out into wide release. Given that Shackers are oh so known for giving lots of feedback they decided that a release through Shacknews/FileShack was a good place to start. Here are a few highlights of the changes in the 18meg patch, hottest being widescreen support!
- Added toggle functionality to movement commands (i.e. toggle crouch as opposed to holding the button down)
- Added in_togglecrouch, in_togglerun, & in_togglezoom
- Fixed g_voteFlags so that spectator and nextmap could be individually toggled
- Made print screen bindable.
- Added mouse wheel scrolling to server list (gui list boxes).
Download: DOOM 3 Beta Patch
News source: Shacknews