- They've never given up on Duke Nukem Forever. Canceling the game has never really been discussed (when that question was posed to him).
- The game will be fun. The developers that have been hired recently have been blown away by what they've seen of the game.
- Thinks the game will live up to expectations though no game will ever live up to a long development history such as DNF. However, he's confident the fans/gamers will be satisfied with it.
- Marketing for the game will begin 10-12 months out. Basically when we finally see new stuff, we'll be a year out from playing the game.
- Still "When it's done" but light is slowing coming in the tunnel. Most likely a couple years yet.
Scott Miller, the CEO of 3D Realms did a little interview on the Next-Gen Podcast this week. In it, he actually talked about a game most people figure will never come out. No, not Prey 2, though he does talk about a sequel. Duke Nukem Forever! Yes, he actually talked about DNF for a bit, discussed what happened when they brought in new programmers, a "release date" and a couple other things. There isn't to much information here, so I'll just list the things he discussed and you guys can all roflcopter at him in the comments:
Of course, he talks about a few other things in the podcast. So give it a listen, or you can just laugh.
View: Original Story @ Duke4.net