While NoDo has been taking its sweet time to roll out, several work-arounds have been discovered that can help you obtain the update a bit faster. This latest work-around is reporting the highest overall success rate of any discovered so far and can be done in just a few steps.
- Start Zune
- Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
- Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
- Start the update search in Zune
- About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
- Zune finds NoDo-Update. Press OK.
- Connect to the internet again and install the update.
Many users are reporting that this trick has worked for them but be warned it may take a couple tries. Reminder, this will only work if your device is in the "delivering update" phase according to Microsoft, if it is not, then this work-around will most likely fail for your device.
While NoDo may be getting rolled out now to select devices, Mango has finally started to surface. Hopefully though, by the time Mango is rolled out, Microsoft will have worked out a better deployment model so users are not as frustrated with Mango as they are with Nodo.