EBay Inc., the world's largest Internet auctioneer, announced yesterday that, in a move to expand its support for local sellers, it had bought Via-Online GmbH, the German software company that runs the Afterbuy.com Web site for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition of Krefeld, Germany-based Via-Online will allow eBay to benefit from Afterbuy's software to facilitate online auctions, including tools to manage inventory, listings, transactions and pre-sale support, the San Jose, California- based company said in a statement. Afterbuy employees have little to fear, however, as the company will still operate under its current name and will remain in Krefeld. The purchase won't affect the earnings forecast announced in July, eBay said.
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- ESPN Sues Verizon Over Slimmed-Down FiOS TV Package in Back Page News
- Marriage Equality returns to the Supreme Court in Domestic Politics
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- Here are the companies offering free or discounted calls to Nepal in Back Page News
- Microsoft unveils 'Halo 5: Guardians' cover art, new in-game Spartans in Front Page News
- Hello :-D in Introduce Yourself
- AeroRainbow - Changes the color of Aero in random order or by predefined list of colors in OS Customization, Tips and Tweaks
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.