EBay Inc., the world's largest Internet auctioneer, announced yesterday that, in a move to expand its support for local sellers, it had bought Via-Online GmbH, the German software company that runs the Afterbuy.com Web site for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition of Krefeld, Germany-based Via-Online will allow eBay to benefit from Afterbuy's software to facilitate online auctions, including tools to manage inventory, listings, transactions and pre-sale support, the San Jose, California- based company said in a statement. Afterbuy employees have little to fear, however, as the company will still operate under its current name and will remain in Krefeld. The purchase won't affect the earnings forecast announced in July, eBay said.
- Any countries that Tax Churches? in Real World Issues
- HELP! Internal D drive wiped after upgrading to Win 10! in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Say hello to the Surface 3, a low cost addition to the Surface family in Front Page News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- 100049.... any point...? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
- Missing Minnesota student, 22, seen on video plummeting off bridge into river after night out in Real World News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.