In an announcement made today, electrical device maker Emerson Electric Co. has agreed to pay $350 million in cash for cell-phone maker Motorola Inc.'s embedded communications computing business, a division of Motorola which recorded $520 million in revenue last year, or just over 1% of the company's total sales. The transaction is expected to be finished by the end of the year; once it closes, the unit will become part of Emerson Network Power. The move comes after Emerson acquired an embedded computing business as part of its purchase of Artesyn Technologies last year.
- Why are people buying their consoles? Nielsen survey results in Gamers' Hangout
- ULA wants the public to name its next rocket in Science Discussion & News
- Quebec resident Alain Philippon to fight charge for not giving up phone password at airport in Back Page News
- Just got a Surface Pro 3. Tips & Suggestions? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- I miss the themes from the good old msstyles (uxtheme.dll) days in General Discussion
- Project Morpheus 4 Hour Event at GDC in Sony Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.