In an announcement made today, electrical device maker Emerson Electric Co. has agreed to pay $350 million in cash for cell-phone maker Motorola Inc.'s embedded communications computing business, a division of Motorola which recorded $520 million in revenue last year, or just over 1% of the company's total sales. The transaction is expected to be finished by the end of the year; once it closes, the unit will become part of Emerson Network Power. The move comes after Emerson acquired an embedded computing business as part of its purchase of Artesyn Technologies last year.
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565 released to Insiders in Front Page News
- Oregon eighth-grader suspended from school for wearing patriotic shirt showing gun in Real World News
- Microsoft acknowledges reports of Windows 10 Mobile performance slowing down over time in Front Page News
- Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 is currently available with up to $354 off in Front Page News
- Ordered a Surface Book.. But having second thoughts.. in Hardware Hangout
- TechSpot: Best Of - Our Favorite PC Cases in Every Form Factor in Front Page News
- Apple launches new iMac range; Retina 5K Display now standard on all 27in models in Front Page News
- Sourcedigit - Linux News Website in Linux Unix Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.