In an announcement made today, electrical device maker Emerson Electric Co. has agreed to pay $350 million in cash for cell-phone maker Motorola Inc.'s embedded communications computing business, a division of Motorola which recorded $520 million in revenue last year, or just over 1% of the company's total sales. The transaction is expected to be finished by the end of the year; once it closes, the unit will become part of Emerson Network Power. The move comes after Emerson acquired an embedded computing business as part of its purchase of Artesyn Technologies last year.
- Want Periscope on Windows Phone? Meet Telescope, a third party alternative in Front Page News
- VM Host in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- Microsoft acquires another small startup in Front Page News
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- Need assistance on choosing a 27' Monitor in Hardware Hangout
- Woman says boy, girl killed to stop abuse in Real World News
- Neowin.net PC Game Giveaways in Computer Gaming
- Meet Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.