In an announcement made today, electrical device maker Emerson Electric Co. has agreed to pay $350 million in cash for cell-phone maker Motorola Inc.'s embedded communications computing business, a division of Motorola which recorded $520 million in revenue last year, or just over 1% of the company's total sales. The transaction is expected to be finished by the end of the year; once it closes, the unit will become part of Emerson Network Power. The move comes after Emerson acquired an embedded computing business as part of its purchase of Artesyn Technologies last year.
- Faster hard drive ... in Hardware Hangout
- Girl, 9, kills Arizona shooting instructor with Uzi in accident in Real World News
- Scalemate Beta 1 - Out now in Software created by our members
- Windows XP 'Unofficial Service Pack 4' brings updates to Microsoft's obsolete OS in Front Page News
- printer madness with OS X clients in multi-OS environment in Internet, Network & Security
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- install a root CA on to iOS? in Internet, Network & Security
- Xbox One vs. PS4 vs. Wii U: Microsoft Still Trailing Behind in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.