In an announcement made today, electrical device maker Emerson Electric Co. has agreed to pay $350 million in cash for cell-phone maker Motorola Inc.'s embedded communications computing business, a division of Motorola which recorded $520 million in revenue last year, or just over 1% of the company's total sales. The transaction is expected to be finished by the end of the year; once it closes, the unit will become part of Emerson Network Power. The move comes after Emerson acquired an embedded computing business as part of its purchase of Artesyn Technologies last year.
- Russia's Vostochny Cosmodrome (updates) in Science Discussion News
- Orbital Sciences Antares 200 launcher (updates) in Science Discussion News
- Sony introduces the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone in Front Page News
- Xbox One Exclusive: Forza 6 in Microsoft Console Xbox
- Lenovo's Ideacentre AIO 700 is a Windows 10 all-in-one beast with Windows Hello support in Front Page News
- The Miix 700 is Lenovo's idea - nay, imitation - of a Surface Pro in Front Page News
- Remote host control software in Software Discussion Support
- StART - Your homepage reinvented! in Internet Network Security
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.