In an announcement made today, electrical device maker Emerson Electric Co. has agreed to pay $350 million in cash for cell-phone maker Motorola Inc.'s embedded communications computing business, a division of Motorola which recorded $520 million in revenue last year, or just over 1% of the company's total sales. The transaction is expected to be finished by the end of the year; once it closes, the unit will become part of Emerson Network Power. The move comes after Emerson acquired an embedded computing business as part of its purchase of Artesyn Technologies last year.
- Firefox dying at just 10% marketshare in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- New Mac owner in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Temporary SSD in Hardware Hangout
- Falcon 9 / Dragon CRS-7 ISS Resupply (mission thread) in Science Discussion & News
- NBC Cuts Business Ties with Donald Trump Over Immigration Remarks in Domestic Politics
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- REDEMPTION! USA Defeats Japan in Womens' World Cup Final 5-2 in The Sporting Arena
- Roku 3 or wdtv live in Home Theatre Discussion
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.