In an announcement made today, electrical device maker Emerson Electric Co. has agreed to pay $350 million in cash for cell-phone maker Motorola Inc.'s embedded communications computing business, a division of Motorola which recorded $520 million in revenue last year, or just over 1% of the company's total sales. The transaction is expected to be finished by the end of the year; once it closes, the unit will become part of Emerson Network Power. The move comes after Emerson acquired an embedded computing business as part of its purchase of Artesyn Technologies last year.
- Words that are spelled the same, but have different meanings in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- April 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- Microsoft's Spartan tagline may be the 'browser for doing' in Front Page News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- The MMA Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- How do I convert .FLA to .SWF with actionscript 3 code intact? in Software Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.