The SMS Extended Security Update Inventory tool is a scan tool built for the sole purpose of helping customers determine SMS client computers that may need security updates that are not detectable using the existing SMS Security Update Inventory Tool built on MBSA. Like the SMS Software Update Inventory tool, this tool also has the instructions for locating each applicable update, downloading it from Microsoft, and deploying it using SMS . The SMS Extended Security Update Inventory Tool is built on Enterprise Scan Tool (EST) detection technology. For more information about the exact detection capabilities of EST and how it differs from MBSA, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 894193. For more information on the SMS Extended Security Update Inventory Tool, please see the included user guide and release notes.
- Microsoft Garage launches Arrow Launcher 2.0, with new Office 365 integration in Front Page News
- Microsoft adds four new games to Xbox One Backward Compatible list in Front Page News
- Linux Mint 18 released; upgrades from version 17 will be switched on next month in Front Page News
- It's official: Android N will be called Android Nougat in Front Page News
- Man sues Apple for $10 billion, claims company copied his designs for iPhone, iPad, iPod in Front Page News
- VLC media player Windows 10 app now available for PCs, phones; Xbox One, HoloLens soon in Front Page News
- Woman sues Microsoft over her forced Windows 10 upgrade and wins in Front Page News
- Here's what's fixed and improved in Windows 10 for PCs build 14376 in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.