The SMS Extended Security Update Inventory tool is a scan tool built for the sole purpose of helping customers determine SMS client computers that may need security updates that are not detectable using the existing SMS Security Update Inventory Tool built on MBSA. Like the SMS Software Update Inventory tool, this tool also has the instructions for locating each applicable update, downloading it from Microsoft, and deploying it using SMS . The SMS Extended Security Update Inventory Tool is built on Enterprise Scan Tool (EST) detection technology. For more information about the exact detection capabilities of EST and how it differs from MBSA, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 894193. For more information on the SMS Extended Security Update Inventory Tool, please see the included user guide and release notes.
- Forum's signature keeps my old name in Site & Forum Issues
- Intel: XP users causing weak sales in Back Page News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Win7 Upgrade To Windows 10 TP in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Meet Chrome Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Backup Everything In Outlook 2007 in Software Discussion & Support
- Windows 10 Preview (How do you like it?) in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- New System is ready in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.