Far Cry 2 is an upcoming first person shooter published by Ubisoft and is the sequel to Far Cry. The game will be released for PC on March 25, 2008, with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions slated for the fiscal year ending March 2009. Far Cry 2 will not use CryENGINE2 (which is used in Crysis). Instead, Ubisoft has developed a new engine called Dunia, meaning "world" or "earth" in Turkish, Arabic, Greek, Persian, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili and Malay languages. The engine will take advantage of multi-core processors and support DirectX 9 as well as DirectX 10. Only 2 or 3 percent of the original CryENGINE code is being re-used, according to Michiel Verheijdt, Senior Product Manager for Ubisoft Netherlands. Additionally, Far Cry 2 will also support the Ambx-technology from Philips. With the proper hardware, this adds effects like vibrations, ambient coloured lights, and fans that generate wind effects. The agreement will also see an amBX patch being released for the original Far Cry.
- Official Religion Thread III in Real World Issues
- Is receiving money through PayPal always safe? in General Discussion
- Very high latency to router: game server in Internet, Network & Security
- Official Abortion Discussion Thread in Real World Issues
- Windows Phone vs Android Chooses in Windows Phone
- I'm Finally Ditching Windows Phone for Android in Android
- I have Lumia Denim... on my Lumia 521 ?! in Windows Phone
- Gateway and Routing help in Internet, Network & Security
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.