Far Cry 2 is an upcoming first person shooter published by Ubisoft and is the sequel to Far Cry. The game will be released for PC on March 25, 2008, with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions slated for the fiscal year ending March 2009. Far Cry 2 will not use CryENGINE2 (which is used in Crysis). Instead, Ubisoft has developed a new engine called Dunia, meaning "world" or "earth" in Turkish, Arabic, Greek, Persian, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili and Malay languages. The engine will take advantage of multi-core processors and support DirectX 9 as well as DirectX 10. Only 2 or 3 percent of the original CryENGINE code is being re-used, according to Michiel Verheijdt, Senior Product Manager for Ubisoft Netherlands. Additionally, Far Cry 2 will also support the Ambx-technology from Philips. With the proper hardware, this adds effects like vibrations, ambient coloured lights, and fans that generate wind effects. The agreement will also see an amBX patch being released for the original Far Cry.
- О&O ShutUp10 v1.1.1347 in Front Page News
- Linksys EA6900 random throttling in Internet Network Security
- Livestreamer accidentally burns down house in Jokes Funny Stuff
- Windows 10 build 10558 leaks online, includes new Messaging and Skype Video apps in Front Page News
- Does the iPhone 6s produce better video than a professional Nikon DSLR? in Front Page News
- Windows RDC Issues with Network in Internet Network Security
- 'At least 10 killed' in college shooting in Oregon in Real World Issues
- Neowin App Has Stopped Displaying The Latest News in Site Forum Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.