Far Cry 2 is an upcoming first person shooter published by Ubisoft and is the sequel to Far Cry. The game will be released for PC on March 25, 2008, with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions slated for the fiscal year ending March 2009. Far Cry 2 will not use CryENGINE2 (which is used in Crysis). Instead, Ubisoft has developed a new engine called Dunia, meaning "world" or "earth" in Turkish, Arabic, Greek, Persian, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili and Malay languages. The engine will take advantage of multi-core processors and support DirectX 9 as well as DirectX 10. Only 2 or 3 percent of the original CryENGINE code is being re-used, according to Michiel Verheijdt, Senior Product Manager for Ubisoft Netherlands. Additionally, Far Cry 2 will also support the Ambx-technology from Philips. With the proper hardware, this adds effects like vibrations, ambient coloured lights, and fans that generate wind effects. The agreement will also see an amBX patch being released for the original Far Cry.
- Report: Apple plans to nix 3.5mm port on iPhone 7, require Lightning for wired headphones in Front Page News
- Businessman Buys 400 American Soldiers Meals During Airport Layover in Real World News
- Police hunt shooter near Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs in Real World News
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection & Sales: December 2015 in Sony Console
- Free Studio 6.5.12 in Front Page News
- Bill Gates said to launch multi-billion dollar clean energy tech initiative on Monday in Front Page News
- Adobe lightroom tile accent colour.... RED? in Microsoft Windows Support
- Discuss: As its general release approaches, what do you think of Windows 10 Mobile? in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.