Far Cry 2 is an upcoming first person shooter published by Ubisoft and is the sequel to Far Cry. The game will be released for PC on March 25, 2008, with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions slated for the fiscal year ending March 2009. Far Cry 2 will not use CryENGINE2 (which is used in Crysis). Instead, Ubisoft has developed a new engine called Dunia, meaning "world" or "earth" in Turkish, Arabic, Greek, Persian, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili and Malay languages. The engine will take advantage of multi-core processors and support DirectX 9 as well as DirectX 10. Only 2 or 3 percent of the original CryENGINE code is being re-used, according to Michiel Verheijdt, Senior Product Manager for Ubisoft Netherlands. Additionally, Far Cry 2 will also support the Ambx-technology from Philips. With the proper hardware, this adds effects like vibrations, ambient coloured lights, and fans that generate wind effects. The agreement will also see an amBX patch being released for the original Far Cry.
- Are you stealing content if you have an ad blocker? in General Discussion
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- Have you retired your last-gen consoles? in Gamers' Hangout
- Avetix Antivirus 5.0.147 in Front Page News
- Mobile ads behaving badly, the May 15 update (report here) in Site & Forum Issues
- Russia threatens to block Google, Facebook, and Twitter if they don't turnover blogger data in Front Page News
- .htaccess: Hotlinking Not Working in Web Design / Programming
- css menu creator in Web Design / Programming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.