Far Cry 2 is an upcoming first person shooter published by Ubisoft and is the sequel to Far Cry. The game will be released for PC on March 25, 2008, with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions slated for the fiscal year ending March 2009. Far Cry 2 will not use CryENGINE2 (which is used in Crysis). Instead, Ubisoft has developed a new engine called Dunia, meaning "world" or "earth" in Turkish, Arabic, Greek, Persian, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili and Malay languages. The engine will take advantage of multi-core processors and support DirectX 9 as well as DirectX 10. Only 2 or 3 percent of the original CryENGINE code is being re-used, according to Michiel Verheijdt, Senior Product Manager for Ubisoft Netherlands. Additionally, Far Cry 2 will also support the Ambx-technology from Philips. With the proper hardware, this adds effects like vibrations, ambient coloured lights, and fans that generate wind effects. The agreement will also see an amBX patch being released for the original Far Cry.
- Puppy porta-potties are now a thing in Real World News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Show your browser layout in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Louisiana won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Real World News
- PocketCPP: A Portable Compiler in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
- Windows 10 preview build 10158 brings fixes for Surface 3 and Surface Pro 3 in Front Page News
- Server 2008 R2 Domain workstation keeps getting logged out of 1 website (Session expires) in Internet, Network & Security
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.