Far Cry 2 is an upcoming first person shooter published by Ubisoft and is the sequel to Far Cry. The game will be released for PC on March 25, 2008, with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions slated for the fiscal year ending March 2009. Far Cry 2 will not use CryENGINE2 (which is used in Crysis). Instead, Ubisoft has developed a new engine called Dunia, meaning "world" or "earth" in Turkish, Arabic, Greek, Persian, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili and Malay languages. The engine will take advantage of multi-core processors and support DirectX 9 as well as DirectX 10. Only 2 or 3 percent of the original CryENGINE code is being re-used, according to Michiel Verheijdt, Senior Product Manager for Ubisoft Netherlands. Additionally, Far Cry 2 will also support the Ambx-technology from Philips. With the proper hardware, this adds effects like vibrations, ambient coloured lights, and fans that generate wind effects. The agreement will also see an amBX patch being released for the original Far Cry.
- Hitler was right. in It's a Conspiracy!
- In fight against spammers, Steam now restricts accounts until users show hard cash in Gamers' Hangout
- Grand Theft Auto V in Gamers' Hangout
- Tixati 2.11 in Front Page News
- My Sony Xperia Z1 finally got update in General Discussion
- Apple Seeds First iOS 8.4 Beta to Developers With Revamped Music App in iPhone/iOS
- This is Microsoft's solution for bricked Lumias running Windows 10 build 10051 in Front Page News
- Win7 Upgrade To Windows 10 TP in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.