Far Cry 2 is an upcoming first person shooter published by Ubisoft and is the sequel to Far Cry. The game will be released for PC on March 25, 2008, with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions slated for the fiscal year ending March 2009. Far Cry 2 will not use CryENGINE2 (which is used in Crysis). Instead, Ubisoft has developed a new engine called Dunia, meaning "world" or "earth" in Turkish, Arabic, Greek, Persian, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili and Malay languages. The engine will take advantage of multi-core processors and support DirectX 9 as well as DirectX 10. Only 2 or 3 percent of the original CryENGINE code is being re-used, according to Michiel Verheijdt, Senior Product Manager for Ubisoft Netherlands. Additionally, Far Cry 2 will also support the Ambx-technology from Philips. With the proper hardware, this adds effects like vibrations, ambient coloured lights, and fans that generate wind effects. The agreement will also see an amBX patch being released for the original Far Cry.
- New Apple TV said to be launching in September, with Siri, App Store and new touch remote in front page news
- VirtualBox WiFi Issue in virtualization cloud services
- Windows 10, notepad, paint, wordpad, dialog boxes cause applications to stop responding. in microsoft windows discussion support
- This is how you record a Holographic video in front page news
- IPB4 upgrade announcement in site forum issues
- Windows 10 "upgrade" but actually clean install in microsoft windows discussion support
- Whats your biggest Windows 10 bugbears? in microsoft windows discussion support
- Windows 10: You can't disable reporting errors back to microsoft and where's network config options for setup? in microsoft windows discussion support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.