Far Cry 2 is an upcoming first person shooter published by Ubisoft and is the sequel to Far Cry. The game will be released for PC on March 25, 2008, with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions slated for the fiscal year ending March 2009. Far Cry 2 will not use CryENGINE2 (which is used in Crysis). Instead, Ubisoft has developed a new engine called Dunia, meaning "world" or "earth" in Turkish, Arabic, Greek, Persian, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili and Malay languages. The engine will take advantage of multi-core processors and support DirectX 9 as well as DirectX 10. Only 2 or 3 percent of the original CryENGINE code is being re-used, according to Michiel Verheijdt, Senior Product Manager for Ubisoft Netherlands. Additionally, Far Cry 2 will also support the Ambx-technology from Philips. With the proper hardware, this adds effects like vibrations, ambient coloured lights, and fans that generate wind effects. The agreement will also see an amBX patch being released for the original Far Cry.
- How is this build? in Hardware Hangout
- Low power & high efficiency PSU in Hardware Hangout
- Neowin Members Digital Gallery 2015 in Digital Camera Lab
- Hundreds attend funeral of Copenhagen gunman in Real World News
- Visual Studio VS Web Expressions vs Dreamweaver in Web Design / Programming
- Life 'not as we know it' possible on Saturn's moon Titan in Science Discussion & News
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Start Menu Concept in Microsoft Beta
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.