Far Cry 2 is an upcoming first person shooter published by Ubisoft and is the sequel to Far Cry. The game will be released for PC on March 25, 2008, with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions slated for the fiscal year ending March 2009. Far Cry 2 will not use CryENGINE2 (which is used in Crysis). Instead, Ubisoft has developed a new engine called Dunia, meaning "world" or "earth" in Turkish, Arabic, Greek, Persian, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili and Malay languages. The engine will take advantage of multi-core processors and support DirectX 9 as well as DirectX 10. Only 2 or 3 percent of the original CryENGINE code is being re-used, according to Michiel Verheijdt, Senior Product Manager for Ubisoft Netherlands. Additionally, Far Cry 2 will also support the Ambx-technology from Philips. With the proper hardware, this adds effects like vibrations, ambient coloured lights, and fans that generate wind effects. The agreement will also see an amBX patch being released for the original Far Cry.
- Instagram is finally adopting higher resolution images for iOS and Android in Front Page News
- "Like" not working? in Site & Forum Issues
- Was it fears of seeming racist that protected 'America's Dad' for so long? in Real World Issues
- How is Windows 10... even remotely close to being complete? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Save 67% on a 3 year subscription to Pogoplug Personal Backup in Front Page News
- Recommended Web Hosting for WordPress in Web Design / Programming
- Windows 10 build 10162 Film & TV app problem in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Confused about laser printer dpi. in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.