Far Cry 2 is an upcoming first person shooter published by Ubisoft and is the sequel to Far Cry. The game will be released for PC on March 25, 2008, with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions slated for the fiscal year ending March 2009. Far Cry 2 will not use CryENGINE2 (which is used in Crysis). Instead, Ubisoft has developed a new engine called Dunia, meaning "world" or "earth" in Turkish, Arabic, Greek, Persian, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili and Malay languages. The engine will take advantage of multi-core processors and support DirectX 9 as well as DirectX 10. Only 2 or 3 percent of the original CryENGINE code is being re-used, according to Michiel Verheijdt, Senior Product Manager for Ubisoft Netherlands. Additionally, Far Cry 2 will also support the Ambx-technology from Philips. With the proper hardware, this adds effects like vibrations, ambient coloured lights, and fans that generate wind effects. The agreement will also see an amBX patch being released for the original Far Cry.
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Ice bucket challenge claims its first victim in Real World News
- Police seize video gamer live on cam in Back Page News
- Will GTA V For PC Be ‘Cancelled’? in Gamers' Hangout
- Apple announces special event for Sept. 9 in Back Page News
- Tomatoes linked with fighting cancer in Science Discussion & News
- Israel caught using Palestinian teen as human shield. in Real World Issues
- Gov. Jerry Brown to Mexican Illegals: 'You're All Welcome in California' in Domestic Politics
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.