Far Cry 2 is an upcoming first person shooter published by Ubisoft and is the sequel to Far Cry. The game will be released for PC on March 25, 2008, with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions slated for the fiscal year ending March 2009. Far Cry 2 will not use CryENGINE2 (which is used in Crysis). Instead, Ubisoft has developed a new engine called Dunia, meaning "world" or "earth" in Turkish, Arabic, Greek, Persian, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili and Malay languages. The engine will take advantage of multi-core processors and support DirectX 9 as well as DirectX 10. Only 2 or 3 percent of the original CryENGINE code is being re-used, according to Michiel Verheijdt, Senior Product Manager for Ubisoft Netherlands. Additionally, Far Cry 2 will also support the Ambx-technology from Philips. With the proper hardware, this adds effects like vibrations, ambient coloured lights, and fans that generate wind effects. The agreement will also see an amBX patch being released for the original Far Cry.
- Pax Orbis: A Law for the World in Real World Issues
- HTC wants your help testing its future products, including new devices in Front Page News
- Cancel the Debate! CNN Caught Selectively-Editing Trump's 'Muslim' Comments in Domestic Politics
- Get HITMAN 2: SILENT ASSASSIN for free via Square Enix Store in Computer Gaming
- TWEAK: Enable HPET (in BIOS and OS) for better performance and FPS in Os Customization Tips And Tweaks
- Yamada Denki announces the thinnest Windows phone ever, called the 'Every Phone' in Front Page News
- Google can remotely unlock most Android devices by court order in Front Page News
- Found this while looking at older Picture Thread images in Jokes Funny Stuff
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.