Far Cry 2 is an upcoming first person shooter published by Ubisoft and is the sequel to Far Cry. The game will be released for PC on March 25, 2008, with PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions slated for the fiscal year ending March 2009. Far Cry 2 will not use CryENGINE2 (which is used in Crysis). Instead, Ubisoft has developed a new engine called Dunia, meaning "world" or "earth" in Turkish, Arabic, Greek, Persian, Hindi, Urdu, Swahili and Malay languages. The engine will take advantage of multi-core processors and support DirectX 9 as well as DirectX 10. Only 2 or 3 percent of the original CryENGINE code is being re-used, according to Michiel Verheijdt, Senior Product Manager for Ubisoft Netherlands. Additionally, Far Cry 2 will also support the Ambx-technology from Philips. With the proper hardware, this adds effects like vibrations, ambient coloured lights, and fans that generate wind effects. The agreement will also see an amBX patch being released for the original Far Cry.
- Before you report a IPB4/Site related bug check here. KNOWN BUGS in Site Forum Issues
- Windows 10 Mobile Concept :) in Windows Mobile
- DD Gone Wrong? in Linux Unix Support
- [UK] Monitor faulty after 6 months, can I request money back? in General Discussion
- Google said to have abandoned secret location tracking project in Front Page News
- Show us your Battlestations - 2015 Edition in Hardware Hangout
- Watch the opening cinematic for 'Halo 5: Guardians' in Front Page News
- Everytime I open an Explorer window, it moves to a different place in Microsoft Windows Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.