U.S. District Judge Stephen Wilson has ruled that the Morpheus file-sharing software encourages millions of users to pirate music, movies, software and so on. StreamCast Network Inc., the company behind Morpheus, was declared guilty because their business model relied on massive copyright infringement and no attempt was made to stop it. The California-based company is considering an appeal and declares that it does not and did not encourage users to infringe on copyrighted works. StreamCast is the only file-sharing company that continues to fight after a Supreme Court ruling.
- Windows 8 hater finally upgrading (me) in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Schumos Coffee Commercial in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- 16:9 tablets bad for reading textbooks in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Universal Apps -- How Do They Work? in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
- Bar vs. Church in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
- What do you use bookmarks for? in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.