U.S. District Judge Stephen Wilson has ruled that the Morpheus file-sharing software encourages millions of users to pirate music, movies, software and so on. StreamCast Network Inc., the company behind Morpheus, was declared guilty because their business model relied on massive copyright infringement and no attempt was made to stop it. The California-based company is considering an appeal and declares that it does not and did not encourage users to infringe on copyrighted works. StreamCast is the only file-sharing company that continues to fight after a Supreme Court ruling.
- Official Star Trek vs Star Wars in Poll Station
- Russia announces plan to build new space station with NASA in Science Discussion & News
- Matrox G200eW Windows 7 32-bit drivers? in Hardware Hangout
- Any countries that Tax Churches? in Real World Issues
- Xiaomi expected to launch an entry level smartphone on April 8 in Front Page News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Do you own (and / or use) a device compatible with Windows SideShow? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Apple is Hitler, says Chinese CEO in Back Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.