U.S. District Judge Stephen Wilson has ruled that the Morpheus file-sharing software encourages millions of users to pirate music, movies, software and so on. StreamCast Network Inc., the company behind Morpheus, was declared guilty because their business model relied on massive copyright infringement and no attempt was made to stop it. The California-based company is considering an appeal and declares that it does not and did not encourage users to infringe on copyrighted works. StreamCast is the only file-sharing company that continues to fight after a Supreme Court ruling.
- Im after a font in OS Customization, Tips and Tweaks
- Best current forum software? in Web Design / Programming
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Post the health of your most abused SSD drive. in Hardware Hangout
- The MMA Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Hundreds attend funeral of Copenhagen gunman in Real World News
- The Windows Phone Store is currently facing some search-related issues in Front Page News
- FastPictureViewer Pro 1.9.342 in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.