U.S. District Judge Stephen Wilson has ruled that the Morpheus file-sharing software encourages millions of users to pirate music, movies, software and so on. StreamCast Network Inc., the company behind Morpheus, was declared guilty because their business model relied on massive copyright infringement and no attempt was made to stop it. The California-based company is considering an appeal and declares that it does not and did not encourage users to infringe on copyrighted works. StreamCast is the only file-sharing company that continues to fight after a Supreme Court ruling.
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- Nick H. moved to Supervisor in Site Announcements
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Is There Chrome Bookmarks Bar Add-On? in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- will Neowin update forum design? in General Discussion
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Perfect dark mode for gnome shell 3.16 in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.