U.S. District Judge Stephen Wilson has ruled that the Morpheus file-sharing software encourages millions of users to pirate music, movies, software and so on. StreamCast Network Inc., the company behind Morpheus, was declared guilty because their business model relied on massive copyright infringement and no attempt was made to stop it. The California-based company is considering an appeal and declares that it does not and did not encourage users to infringe on copyrighted works. StreamCast is the only file-sharing company that continues to fight after a Supreme Court ruling.
- Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition announced in Computer Gaming
- NBC Cuts Business Ties with Donald Trump Over Immigration Remarks in Domestic Politics
- Firefox dying at just 10% marketshare in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- New Mac owner in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Temporary SSD in Hardware Hangout
- Falcon 9 / Dragon CRS-7 ISS Resupply (mission thread) in Science Discussion & News
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- REDEMPTION! USA Defeats Japan in Womens' World Cup Final 5-2 in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.