U.S. District Judge Stephen Wilson has ruled that the Morpheus file-sharing software encourages millions of users to pirate music, movies, software and so on. StreamCast Network Inc., the company behind Morpheus, was declared guilty because their business model relied on massive copyright infringement and no attempt was made to stop it. The California-based company is considering an appeal and declares that it does not and did not encourage users to infringe on copyrighted works. StreamCast is the only file-sharing company that continues to fight after a Supreme Court ruling.
- Microsoft PowerApps makes it possible to develop business apps with no coding knowledge in Front Page News
- Man sues Apple for wiping his photos and contacts after iPhone reset in Front Page News
- Welcome to Neowin Forums on 4.1! in Site Forum Issues
- College Classes - Are some really necessary? in General Discussion
- Windows 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth - US Government in Front Page News
- Microsoft rolls out Dynamics CRM 2016 around the world in Front Page News
- GNU / Linux December 2015 Desktops in Linux Unix Support
- December 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.