Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
The Web is all about innovation, and Firefox sets the pace with dozens of new features to deliver a faster, more secure and customizable Web browsing experience for all.
User Experience. The enhancements to Firefox provide the best possible browsing experience on the Web. The new Firefox smart location bar, affectionately known as the "Awesome Bar," learns as people use it, adapting to user preferences and offering better fitting matches over time.
Performance. Firefox is built on top of the powerful new Gecko platform, resulting in a safer, easier to use and more personal product.
Security. Firefox raises the bar for security. The new malware and phishing protection helps protect from viruses, worms, trojans and spyware to keep people safe on the Web.
Customization. Everyone uses the Web differently, and Firefox lets users customize their browser with more than 5,000 add-ons.
- NEW: The forward button is now hidden until you navigate back
- NEW: Anti-Aliasing for WebGL is now implemented (see bug 615976)
- NEW: Full Screen APIs allow you to build a web application that runs full screen (see the feature page)
- NEW: CSS3 3D-Transforms are now supported (see bug 505115)
- HTML5: New element for bi-directional text isolation, along with supporting CSS properties (see bugs 613149 and 662288)
- DEVELOPER: Inspect tool with content highlighting, includes new CSS Style Inspector
- DEVELOPER: We've added IndexedDB APIs to more closely match the specification
- FIXED: Some users may experience a crash when moving bookmarks (681795)