Mozilla is working on an extension to its open source browser that improves the theming experience for both users and developers. Personas for Firefox allows the creation of themes without any coding, and lets users apply themes instantly. In other words, a user never has to download or install anything, nor do designers have to release any software updates when they update their Personas. A team over at Mozilla Labs has released an updated (there was an earlier one released in May) prototype version in which “the Persona selector is dynamically loaded and populated from a JSON feed and all designs are loaded via URLs to remote resources". Themers will soon be able to submit Personas that are based on Web content, including support for anything that can load in a content window, thanks to an API that is in the works.
- Is Windows 10 stable enough for a main OS? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- I have the greatest wife ever in General Discussion
- OpenSSL access via free Socks server in Internet, Network & Security
- Protecting company data remote employees in Internet, Network & Security
- TOXIKK. in Computer Gaming
- Nvidia surprise launches the 12GB GeForce Titan X, 'the most advanced GPU ever' in Back Page News
- Elementary OS Choice in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- Meet Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.