Mozilla is working on an extension to its open source browser that improves the theming experience for both users and developers. Personas for Firefox allows the creation of themes without any coding, and lets users apply themes instantly. In other words, a user never has to download or install anything, nor do designers have to release any software updates when they update their Personas. A team over at Mozilla Labs has released an updated (there was an earlier one released in May) prototype version in which “the Persona selector is dynamically loaded and populated from a JSON feed and all designs are loaded via URLs to remote resources". Themers will soon be able to submit Personas that are based on Web content, including support for anything that can load in a content window, thanks to an API that is in the works.
- What is a good resource for keeping me updated on the latest advancement in Web? in Web Design / Programming
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- LAPD Officers Shoot Man Five Times in Broad Daylight in Real World News
- Win7 Upgrade To Windows 10 TP in Microsoft Beta
- This ain't yo mama's surge protector in General Discussion
- New ID@Xbox Games Storm GDC in Microsoft Console
- Project Morpheus 4 Hour Event at GDC in Sony Console
- Looking for a docking station for my rMBP in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.