Mozilla is working on an extension to its open source browser that improves the theming experience for both users and developers. Personas for Firefox allows the creation of themes without any coding, and lets users apply themes instantly. In other words, a user never has to download or install anything, nor do designers have to release any software updates when they update their Personas. A team over at Mozilla Labs has released an updated (there was an earlier one released in May) prototype version in which “the Persona selector is dynamically loaded and populated from a JSON feed and all designs are loaded via URLs to remote resources". Themers will soon be able to submit Personas that are based on Web content, including support for anything that can load in a content window, thanks to an API that is in the works.
- Microsoft restores Windows 10 November Update media; explains why it was pulled [Update] in Front Page News
- Just bought 980GTX K|NGP|N in Hardware Hangout
- Start10 - Why Couldn't Microsoft Make The Start Menu on Windows 10 Like This One? in Microsoft Windows Support
- Xbox Games with Gold for December includes five free titles in Front Page News
- Power Notifier : Get an email alert when your house loses Electricity in Software Created By Our Members
- The Lumia 530 will be available next week for just $9.99 off-contract in Front Page News
- SpaceX Updates (Thread 7) in Science Discussion News
- NASA Orion crew exploration vehicle (updates) in Science Discussion News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.