Mozilla is working on an extension to its open source browser that improves the theming experience for both users and developers. Personas for Firefox allows the creation of themes without any coding, and lets users apply themes instantly. In other words, a user never has to download or install anything, nor do designers have to release any software updates when they update their Personas. A team over at Mozilla Labs has released an updated (there was an earlier one released in May) prototype version in which “the Persona selector is dynamically loaded and populated from a JSON feed and all designs are loaded via URLs to remote resources". Themers will soon be able to submit Personas that are based on Web content, including support for anything that can load in a content window, thanks to an API that is in the works.
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Rollback 10061 to 10049 (can't access settings) in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- elementary OS Freya released in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- Steam begins allowing mod creators to sell their work in Computer Gaming
- ASUS X99 Deluxe U3.1 Issues in Hardware Hangout
- Fan Controllers... in Hardware Hangout
- Just tried Google 'Find my phone' epic fail :) in Android
- NASA Orion crew exploration vehicle (updates) in Science Discussion & News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.