Mozilla is working on an extension to its open source browser that improves the theming experience for both users and developers. Personas for Firefox allows the creation of themes without any coding, and lets users apply themes instantly. In other words, a user never has to download or install anything, nor do designers have to release any software updates when they update their Personas. A team over at Mozilla Labs has released an updated (there was an earlier one released in May) prototype version in which “the Persona selector is dynamically loaded and populated from a JSON feed and all designs are loaded via URLs to remote resources". Themers will soon be able to submit Personas that are based on Web content, including support for anything that can load in a content window, thanks to an API that is in the works.
- 4K monitor first try in Hardware Hangout
- are you afraid to die? in General Discussion
- Man nearly beaten to death by group of teenagers because he tried to do the right thing in Real World Issues
- Have you retired your last-gen consoles? in Gamers' Hangout
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Do you have Comcast usage? in Internet, Network & Security
- White Cop Acquitted of Killing 2 Unarmed Black People in Real World News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.