Mozilla is working on an extension to its open source browser that improves the theming experience for both users and developers. Personas for Firefox allows the creation of themes without any coding, and lets users apply themes instantly. In other words, a user never has to download or install anything, nor do designers have to release any software updates when they update their Personas. A team over at Mozilla Labs has released an updated (there was an earlier one released in May) prototype version in which “the Persona selector is dynamically loaded and populated from a JSON feed and all designs are loaded via URLs to remote resources". Themers will soon be able to submit Personas that are based on Web content, including support for anything that can load in a content window, thanks to an API that is in the works.
- Is OnePlus One being Purposefully Ironic? in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Say hello to men who hate the NSA but love invading the privacy of women in Real World News
- Spider bite anyone? in General Discussion
- Massive Epic Celebrity Nude Leak in Real World News
- Israel seizes 400 hectares of West Bank lan in Real World Issues
- Bought a 4K Monitor! in Hardware Hangout
- Journalistic Integrity in the gaming press is shot in It's a Conspiracy!
- Ukraine crisis: Nato images 'show Russia troops' [entering Ukraine] in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.