Mozilla is working on an extension to its open source browser that improves the theming experience for both users and developers. Personas for Firefox allows the creation of themes without any coding, and lets users apply themes instantly. In other words, a user never has to download or install anything, nor do designers have to release any software updates when they update their Personas. A team over at Mozilla Labs has released an updated (there was an earlier one released in May) prototype version in which “the Persona selector is dynamically loaded and populated from a JSON feed and all designs are loaded via URLs to remote resources". Themers will soon be able to submit Personas that are based on Web content, including support for anything that can load in a content window, thanks to an API that is in the works.
- Judge Effectively Decriminalizes Polygamy in Utah in Real World News
- Replacement laptop (i7, SSD) in Hardware Hangout
- Light Alloy 4.8.2 in Front Page News
- yazidis face genocide at the hands of Islamic State in Real World Issues
- Balabolka 188.8.131.523 in Front Page News
- KCleaner 184.108.40.206 in Front Page News
- SpaceX reusable launcher (Grasshopper) thread 2 in Science Discussion & News
- In my class, there is one who has a Windows Phone in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.