Foobar2000 is an advanced audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA.
- Full unicode support.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables for different output formats).
- ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
- Regression: Installing 0.9.5 beta 1 or beta 2 on Windows XP requires administrator rights
- Bug: Notification area icon reacts when a neighbouring icon vanishes after being double-clicked
- Feature: Option to have mouse wheel affect the UI Element under the mouse pointer
- Bug: Can't undo sort operations on non-force-sorted autoplaylists
- Accessibility: Keyboard focus is trapped on the menu in certain situtations
- Bug: Certain layouts are not rendered correctly after loading until the window is resized
- Bug: Tab characters not expanded properly in status bar (temporary workaround)
- Bug: Can't load theme files into scratchbox through drag&drop
- Bug: Hitting page up button after selecting an album through clicking on group header navigates to the top of the playlist instead of just up by one page
- Bug: Weird selection behaviour when selecting several playlist in the playlist switcher with the right mouse button and shift
Download: Foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 3
Screenshot: >> Click here <<
Link: Home Page | Beta Page