This coming December Universal plans to launch a website offering free downloads of their music catalog. The site will be called SpiralFrog, and according to CEO Robin Kent the site "will offer consumers a better experience and environment than they can get from any pirate site". Kent also stated that "Offering young consumers an easy-to-use alternative to pirated music sites will be compelling." Kent also highlighted some key factors such as legal digital files with no viruses or spyware in a controlled client-server architecture, quick downloading, and quality songs and music videos by great artists as among the primary benefits users will gain. The free music will be paid for by advertising on the site.
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Someone is hard at work in Internet, Network & Security
- Anyone know who this quotations is by ? in General Discussion
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection: May 2015 in Sony Console
- SpaceX Dragon v2 pad abort test (mission thread) in Science Discussion & News
- Universal Apps -- How Do They Work? in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
- The Great Modern UI Debate Thread in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Meet Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.