GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc. GIMP is expandable and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.
Features and Capabilities:
- Full suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, etc.
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high quality anti-aliasing
- Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool
- Supports custom brushes and patterns
- Tile based memory management so image size is limited only by available disk space
- Virtuallya unlimited number of images open at one time
- Full alpha channel support
- Layers and channels
- Multiple Undo/Redo (limited only by diskspace)
- Editable text layers
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip
- Selection tools including rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy and intelligent
- Advanced path tool doing bezier and polygonal selections.
- Transformable paths, transformable selections.
- Quickmask to paint a selection and more...
- fixed typo in stock icon name
- fixed handling of PSD files with empty layer names (bug #504149)
- merged TinyScheme bug-fixes
- removed duplicate entry from Tango palette
- corrected parameter range in Chip Away script (bug #506110)
- reduced redraw priority and speed of the marching ants (bug #479875)
- fixed out-of-bounds array access in Convolution Matrix plug-in
- reduced rounding errors in Convolution Matrix plug-in (bug #508114)
- fixed potential crash on missing CMYK color profile
- fixed crash in Bumpmap plug-in when called from some scripts (bug #509608)
- Equalize should not equalise the alpha channel (bug #510210)
- increased the number of points the ImageMap plug-in can handle (bug #511072)
- adjusted the priority of the projection renderer (bug #511214)
- smooth the brush mask to get a simpler cursor boundary (bug #304798)
- show the selection even if the image window is invisible (bug #505758)
- allow to commit a pending rectangular selection using Enter (bug #511599)
- fixed bug in image dirty state logic (bug #509822)
- improved GIMPressionist preformance and reduced startup time (bug #512126)
- fixed a crash in the Convert to Color Profile plug-in (bug #512529)
- merged some other minor fixes from trunk
- translation updates (de, it, lt, ru, sv, uk)
Screenshot: >> Click here <<
Link: Home Page