GOM Media Player is an all-purpose video player that plays almost any video with ease. With its user-friendly interface, advanced functionality, and FREE price tag, it's the only media player you need. Not only is GOM Media Player a completely FREE video player, with its built-in support for all the most popular video and audio formats, tons of advanced features, extreme customizability, and the Codec Finder service, GOM Media Player is sure to fulfill all of your playback needs. With millions of users in hundreds of countries, GOM Media Player is one of the world`s most popular video players.
GOM Media Player can play all the most popular video formats by default (AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, etc). With a wide variety of advanced features like A-B repeat, screen capture, audio capture, playback speed control, and video effects, GOM Media Player allows you do much more than simply play your videos. GOM Media Player’s skinable interface and advanced filter controls make it highly customizable, allowing users to personalize their experience to fit their needs.
Some uncommon video types aren’t supported by GOM Media Player by default. When you try to watch these videos, GOM Media Player’s Codec Finder service will search for the one you’re missing and direct you to a place where you can read more and/or download the missing codec.
What's new in this version:
- Improved playback support for MOV files recorded by CASIO digital cameras.
- Improved player's ability to correctly recognize display aspect ratios for various file types.
- Fixed an issue where some MOV files would not play smoothly below 1x playback speed.
- Improved playback support for RAW AVI files.
- Fixed an issue where certain files with multiple audio tracks would play at double speed after changing the audio track and improved playback for such files.
- Corrected playback time display and playback support for certain WMV files.
- Fixed seeking issues in certain FLV files.
- Improved playback support for MPEG1 and MPEG2 files (TS, MTS, M2TS, etc.)
- Improved playback support for OGM files.
- Corrected an issue where certain videos with a single audio track would be recognized as dual-audio.
- 2. 90, 180, and 270 degree rotation feature added. This feature can be enabled from the player preferences window, the right-click menu under "Video", and via the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [S].
- Added Playback support for H.265 (HEVC) video files.
- Album art will now be displayed when playing MP3 files instead of the animated GOM background (but only if readable album art data is present for the file you are playing!)
- Added hardware playback support for Intel Quick Sync Video.
- Improved the "Move by keyframe" feature.
- Added support for AC3-SPDIF Output.
- Added support for Apple Closed Caption subtitles.
- Fixed an issue where DVD playback on certain 32bit OS would cause forced terminations of GOM Media Player.
- Added links to the Official Gom Media Player website, FAQ, etc. to the default GOM2.2 skin.
- Corrected a security issue
- Other misc. changes and fixes.
Note: The program includes 3rd party (AVG Security Toolbar - optional) software.