GOM Media Player is an all-purpose video player that plays almost any video with ease. With its user-friendly interface, advanced functionality, and FREE price tag, it's the only media player you need. Not only is GOM Media Player a completely FREE video player, with its built-in support for all the most popular video and audio formats, tons of advanced features, extreme customizability, and the Codec Finder service, GOM Media Player is sure to fulfill all of your playback needs. With millions of users in hundreds of countries, GOM Media Player is one of the world`s most popular video players.
GOM Media Player can play all the most popular video formats by default (AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, etc). With a wide variety of advanced features like A-B repeat, screen capture, audio capture, playback speed control, and video effects, GOM Media Player allows you do much more than simply play your videos. GOM Media Player’s skinable interface and advanced filter controls make it highly customizable, allowing users to personalize their experience to fit their needs.
Some uncommon video types aren’t supported by GOM Media Player by default. When you try to watch these videos, GOM Media Player’s Codec Finder service will search for the one you’re missing and direct you to a place where you can read more and/or download the missing codec.
What's new in this version:
- Major improvements to the internal Gretech video source filter.
- Improved video image output, color space format, tone correction, resize processing, and other image output processes
- Improved the “Auto-enable deinterlacing” feature
- An issue where external (SRT) subtitle tags would not be displayed correctly has be fixed when using the “Display on video (TV-OUT)” subtitle display method
- Applied GDI+ to the text processing for certain videos
- Corrected a crash issue regarding GIF animation playback
- Corrected an issue where the frame rate of certain M4A files was not recognized correctly and therefore could not be played properly
- Corrected an issue where the Microsoft GSM 6.10 codec was not recognized correctly
- Corrected an issue where the GoPro CineForm codec was not recognized by the internal source filter
- Added FLAC audio file (.flac) playback support
- Corrected an issue where certain AVI files could not be played correctly
- Corrected and issue where the Grass Valley codec would not be recognized correctly (for videos output via EDIUS)
- Added support for additional codecs to the internal source filter.
- Video: TSCC/TSCC2/Cinepak/SVQ1/G2M4/LAGARITH/TRUEMOTION2/DVCP/DVPP/QTRLE/RPZA/PRORES/MSZH
- Audio: Nellymoser
- Improved the Bookmarks feature
- Added display options to the Manage Bookmarks window
- Added thumbnail image display to the Bookmark Menu
- Added thumbnail image display when creating bookmarks
- Added a feature that will automatically apply default names to bookmarks
- Corrected an issue where bookmark times were not being displayed correctly
- Added a feature that enables users to jump to a specific time in a video
- This feature can be accessed using the keyboard shortcut [G]
- “Play in a single thread” feature will be set to Off by default
- This feature will be set to off automatically when installing version 18.104.22.16889 (either a clean install or an overwrite of the previous version), and/or when resetting the software to defaults from the preferences window.
- This feature can still be turned back on manually from the preferences window
- Playback support for shortcut (.LNK) files has been added
- The target file of .lnk shortcut files can now be played by opening the .lnk file with GOM Media Player (as long as the target file is a supported file format).
- Corrected an issue where DAT file associations were not being unapplied correctly
- Altered the Codec Finder window so that it can be used in conjunction with voice-command software
- Improved the behavior of the Subtitle Explorer window to match the selected subtitle position
- Addressed and fixed a security issue related to files being accessed via URLs
- Enhanced the security of the installer package (GOMPLAYERENSETUP.EXE)
- Other miscellaneous changes and fixes
If you are using Windows 2000 or Windows XP SP1, please download and install the compatible version: GOM Media Player 22.214.171.12483. The Windows 2000 / XP SP1 compatible version is the same as the original GOM Media Player 126.96.36.19983, just with the following changes: Improved security.
Note: The program includes 3rd party (AVG Security Toolbar - optional) software.