Here's the first gorgeous shot of an Google Android prototype in the wild. It looks HTC-ish in build, similar to the grainy versions we've seen in the official videos and the renderings in the SDK emulator. Our source, a Giz reader, had some feedback to add to the prototype, which he used for a day: Even in early form, it's light and fast, much faster than the desktop emulator at times. And as a longtime programmer, he thinks it's a lot more put together than Window Mobile 5 on the back side of things. It's a prototype, so things will obviously change, but these are all great signs. I just pray that hardware by other makers is a lot more adventurous. In my mind, those HTC designs remind me a little too much of WM and will for a long time.
- Microsoft's Continuum docks will also feature USB, HDMI and DisplayPort in Front Page News
- Can't view new content on mobile forum in Site Forum Issues
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop heads to Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in Europe in Front Page News
- Acer unveils Windows 10 Mobile flagship with Continuum, calling it 'your pocket PC' in Front Page News
- Instagram BETA for Windows Phone finally received an update after more than a year in Front Page News
- Why should I get another Windows Phone? in Tablet Media Devices Smartphones
- Cat takes a bullet and saves 3-year-old in Real World News
- Intel is bringing its Core M processors to smartphones in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.