A day after rival Seagate Technology announced plans to ship a 1-Tbyte hard drive in the first half of this year, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies said it would release its first 1-Tbyte drive within three months. Hitachi said Friday that at next week's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, it will demonstrate the 1-Tbyte Deskstar 7K1000 drive, slated to ship in the first quarter and carry a street price of $399. Hitachi also said it would ship a CinemaStar version of the drive that's optimized for digital video recorder (DVR) applications.
- SpaceX Updates (Thread 6) in Science Discussion News
- Intel officially announces Skylake processor family in Front Page News
- Apple is pursuing original entertainment content, new report claims in Front Page News
- Metal Gear Solid V: Gamescom Gameplay Demo in Gamers Hangout
- Microsoft is bringing Cortana to more countries in Front Page News
- Star Wars Battlefront beta coming next month in Front Page News
- Cops hunt 3 suspects in shooting of Illinois police officer in Real World News
- Downshift: those who have gone from Windows 10 BACK to Windows 8/8.1 or 7 in Microsoft Windows Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.