A day after rival Seagate Technology announced plans to ship a 1-Tbyte hard drive in the first half of this year, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies said it would release its first 1-Tbyte drive within three months. Hitachi said Friday that at next week's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, it will demonstrate the 1-Tbyte Deskstar 7K1000 drive, slated to ship in the first quarter and carry a street price of $399. Hitachi also said it would ship a CinemaStar version of the drive that's optimized for digital video recorder (DVR) applications.
- Should people be afraid of doing online banking? in Internet, Network & Security
- Weird Problem, Stumped, DNS starts to fail after idle in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- SpaceX Dragon v2 pad abort test (mission thread) in Science Discussion & News
- How much would you pay for the "Surface Mini" ? in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Neowin Members Digital Gallery 2015 in Digital Camera Lab
- iOS 9 & OS X 10.11 to bring ‘quality’ focus, smaller apps, Rootless security, legacy iPhone/iPad in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- FileZilla 188.8.131.52 in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.