A day after rival Seagate Technology announced plans to ship a 1-Tbyte hard drive in the first half of this year, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies said it would release its first 1-Tbyte drive within three months. Hitachi said Friday that at next week's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, it will demonstrate the 1-Tbyte Deskstar 7K1000 drive, slated to ship in the first quarter and carry a street price of $399. Hitachi also said it would ship a CinemaStar version of the drive that's optimized for digital video recorder (DVR) applications.
- Budman and IT security experts, please come in man... in Internet, Network & Security
- VM Host in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- I'm Finally Ditching Windows Phone for Android in Android
- Could there be a "faster" USB 3.0 port?... Or am I having driver problems? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- The question of life and gods answered in It's a Conspiracy!
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- Is the US national "debt" an illusion? in It's a Conspiracy!
- Think you're a Leo? You're not: Star shift puts zodiac out of whack in Real World News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.