A day after rival Seagate Technology announced plans to ship a 1-Tbyte hard drive in the first half of this year, Hitachi Global Storage Technologies said it would release its first 1-Tbyte drive within three months. Hitachi said Friday that at next week's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, it will demonstrate the 1-Tbyte Deskstar 7K1000 drive, slated to ship in the first quarter and carry a street price of $399. Hitachi also said it would ship a CinemaStar version of the drive that's optimized for digital video recorder (DVR) applications.
- Thank You Nintendo for Splatoon. in Nintendo Console
- Russia steps up propaganda push with online "Kremlin trolls" in Real World Issues
- Two High School Seniors Could Get Prison Time For An Alarm Clock Prank in Real World News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- iOS 9 & OS X 10.11 to bring ‘quality’ focus, smaller apps, Rootless security, legacy iPhone/iPad in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Need for Speed reboot game will require an online connection in Gamers' Hangout
- The Pebble Time vs. Pebble Watch in Reviews by Members for Members
- Hack the Roku 3 remote for other devices? in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.