Soon after news of Sharp and Toshiba’s LCD alliance, Hitachi, Canon and Panasonic (Matsushita) have agreed to similar LCD collaborations. The three companies plan to merge their strengths to accelerate the development of cutting-edge display technologies and expand their scope of application. Hitachi Limited possesses sophisticated liquid crystal-related technologies; Canon excels in camera, printer and medical equipment fields; and Matsushita commands global leadership in the flat-panel TV field. By March 31, 2008, Canon and Panasonic will each buy a 24.9% stake in Hitachi Displays, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi that already makes small and medium size LCD panels. The transaction, which is subject to regulatory approval, will see Hitachi’s stake become 50.2%. LCD panels are finding growing applications in a diverse array of fields, resulting in a steadily increasing global demand for all shapes and sizes.
- Huge performance degredation with Firefox 38 in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security 10.0.0.5409 in Front Page News
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- screen recording software in Software Discussion & Support
- Audacity in Software Discussion & Support
- Sir Jony Ive gets promoted to Chief Design Officer at Apple in Front Page News
- A Newbie wants to Learn in Web Design / Programming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.