Soon after news of Sharp and Toshiba’s LCD alliance, Hitachi, Canon and Panasonic (Matsushita) have agreed to similar LCD collaborations. The three companies plan to merge their strengths to accelerate the development of cutting-edge display technologies and expand their scope of application. Hitachi Limited possesses sophisticated liquid crystal-related technologies; Canon excels in camera, printer and medical equipment fields; and Matsushita commands global leadership in the flat-panel TV field. By March 31, 2008, Canon and Panasonic will each buy a 24.9% stake in Hitachi Displays, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi that already makes small and medium size LCD panels. The transaction, which is subject to regulatory approval, will see Hitachi’s stake become 50.2%. LCD panels are finding growing applications in a diverse array of fields, resulting in a steadily increasing global demand for all shapes and sizes.
- Windows 10 is a great upgrade, but it isn't quite there yet in front page news
- Fallout 4 - Launching 10th November 2015 in gamers hangout
- August 2015 Desktops in general discussion
- Lumia 940 and 940 XL coming this year, together with a Lumia 840 in front page news
- [OFFICIAL] Windows 10 Insider Program in microsoft insider windows office previews
- Microsoft says it could be "weeks" before you get your Windows 10 upgrade notification in front page news
- Google Chrome 44.0.2403.125 in front page news
- Windows Insiders 10240 - Upgrade or Fresh Install? in microsoft windows discussion support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.