Soon after news of Sharp and Toshiba’s LCD alliance, Hitachi, Canon and Panasonic (Matsushita) have agreed to similar LCD collaborations. The three companies plan to merge their strengths to accelerate the development of cutting-edge display technologies and expand their scope of application. Hitachi Limited possesses sophisticated liquid crystal-related technologies; Canon excels in camera, printer and medical equipment fields; and Matsushita commands global leadership in the flat-panel TV field. By March 31, 2008, Canon and Panasonic will each buy a 24.9% stake in Hitachi Displays, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi that already makes small and medium size LCD panels. The transaction, which is subject to regulatory approval, will see Hitachi’s stake become 50.2%. LCD panels are finding growing applications in a diverse array of fields, resulting in a steadily increasing global demand for all shapes and sizes.
- Louisiana won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Real World News
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Fox News must be stopped in Domestic Politics
- Bristol Palin: I'm pregnant (again) in Real World Issues
- Windows Insider Survey in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Show us your Battlestations - 2015 Edition in Hardware Hangout
- Reset Windows 10 Start Menu in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- App Recommendations in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.