Soon after news of Sharp and Toshiba’s LCD alliance, Hitachi, Canon and Panasonic (Matsushita) have agreed to similar LCD collaborations. The three companies plan to merge their strengths to accelerate the development of cutting-edge display technologies and expand their scope of application. Hitachi Limited possesses sophisticated liquid crystal-related technologies; Canon excels in camera, printer and medical equipment fields; and Matsushita commands global leadership in the flat-panel TV field. By March 31, 2008, Canon and Panasonic will each buy a 24.9% stake in Hitachi Displays, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi that already makes small and medium size LCD panels. The transaction, which is subject to regulatory approval, will see Hitachi’s stake become 50.2%. LCD panels are finding growing applications in a diverse array of fields, resulting in a steadily increasing global demand for all shapes and sizes.
- Microsoft HoloLens Project Designer Killed in Drunk Driving Hit-and-Run in Microsoft Console
- If S6 fails then Flagship is dead for Android in Android
- Helldivers Is Like A Video Game Version Of Starship Troopers in Sony Console
- "Star Trek" fans told to stop 'Spocking' Canadian $5 bill in Real World News
- Special limited MGS5 PlayStation 4 announced in Sony Console
- EA Shuts Down SimCity Developer Maxis in Gamers' Hangout
- LAPD Officers Shoot Man Five Times in Broad Daylight in Real World News
- Democrats Plan To Win Elections With Illegal Alien Votes in It's a Conspiracy!
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.