Soon after news of Sharp and Toshiba’s LCD alliance, Hitachi, Canon and Panasonic (Matsushita) have agreed to similar LCD collaborations. The three companies plan to merge their strengths to accelerate the development of cutting-edge display technologies and expand their scope of application. Hitachi Limited possesses sophisticated liquid crystal-related technologies; Canon excels in camera, printer and medical equipment fields; and Matsushita commands global leadership in the flat-panel TV field. By March 31, 2008, Canon and Panasonic will each buy a 24.9% stake in Hitachi Displays, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi that already makes small and medium size LCD panels. The transaction, which is subject to regulatory approval, will see Hitachi’s stake become 50.2%. LCD panels are finding growing applications in a diverse array of fields, resulting in a steadily increasing global demand for all shapes and sizes.
- Allegedly Microsoft excluded other carriers by inking a deal with AT&T for the Lumia 950 in Front Page News
- Official Abortion Discussion Thread in Real World Issues
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion News
- The Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, Band 2, and new Lumias are now on display in Microsoft stores in Front Page News
- Pay (almost) what you want for this Microsoft Office Productivity Bundle in Front Page News
- Star Wars Battlefront open beta test kicks off today in Front Page News
- Orbital Sciences Antares 200 launcher (updates) in Science Discussion News
- Looking to Upgrade my Late 2008 Nehalem System in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.