Soon after news of Sharp and Toshiba’s LCD alliance, Hitachi, Canon and Panasonic (Matsushita) have agreed to similar LCD collaborations. The three companies plan to merge their strengths to accelerate the development of cutting-edge display technologies and expand their scope of application. Hitachi Limited possesses sophisticated liquid crystal-related technologies; Canon excels in camera, printer and medical equipment fields; and Matsushita commands global leadership in the flat-panel TV field. By March 31, 2008, Canon and Panasonic will each buy a 24.9% stake in Hitachi Displays, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi that already makes small and medium size LCD panels. The transaction, which is subject to regulatory approval, will see Hitachi’s stake become 50.2%. LCD panels are finding growing applications in a diverse array of fields, resulting in a steadily increasing global demand for all shapes and sizes.
- Windows XP nostalgia in General Discussion
- best graphics card I can get for $200 in Hardware Hangout
- The Great Modern UI Debate Thread in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Your PFSense Hardware in Hardware Hangout
- I'm Finally Ditching Windows Phone for Android in Android
- Water Cooling: Is it for everyone? in Hardware Hangout
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- I used putty to connect to a server - how do I actually log in? in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.