Impulse Phase 3 includes five major new features that developer Stardock believes will be compelling to both PC users and software publishers.
These new features are:
- The Impulse client has had its user interface significantly improved and updated with features such as player rankings, achievements, intelligent match-making, and more. It also includes a new tray application that lets users track friends, receive update notifications, and much more.
- The beta of Impulse Anywhere, a new web-based method for users whose home Internet connections are non-ideal to download their software on another machine, take the files home and install them.
- The release of Impulse Reactor, a development platform that lets users add many new features to their games without having to re-distribute a third-party client (i.e. users donÃ¢€t have to distribute the Impulse client). Impulse Reactor includes features such as intelligent match-making, multiplayer tournament support, NAT negotiation, friend lists, rankings, community features and much more. Gas Powered GamesÃ¢€ much anticipated PC game, Demigod, is being released next week and makes full use of Impulse Reactor.
- Impulse Reactor Overlay, an in-game overlay that lets users instantly access chat, friends lists, profile data, micro-expansions, and more. Demigod will also be the first title to make full use of this.
- Game Object Obfuscation (Goo) - An alternative method for developers to protect their intellectual property. Goo allows developers to associate licenses with people rather than their PCs which will eliminate the issue of Ã¢€œlimited activationsÃ¢€. It also provides the underpinnings to support vendor neutral software downloads and transferring of licenses.
Get more information, and the free download of Impulse at www.impulsedriven.com.