Inno Setup is a free installer for Windows programs. First introduced in 1997, Inno Setup today rivals and even surpasses many commercial installers in feature set and stability.
* Support for all versions of Windows in use today: Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, Me, 98, 95, and NT 4.0. (No service packs are required.)
* Extensive support for installation of 64-bit applications on the 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003. Both the x64 and Itanium architectures are supported. (On the Itanium architecture, Service Pack 1 is required to install in 64-bit mode.)
* Supports creation of a single EXE to install your program for easy online distribution. Disk spanning is also supported.
* Standard Windows 2000/XP-style wizard interface.
* Customizable setup types, e.g. Full, Minimal, Custom.
* Complete uninstall capabilities and more...
- Added new lzma/ultra64 compression level. Same as lzma/ultra, but uses a dictionary size that is twice as large (64 MB).
- Added new SetupLogging [Setup] section directive. If set to yes, Setup will always create a log file (equivalent to passing /LOG on the command line).
- Added new AppSupportPhone [Setup] section directive.
- Added new [Files] section flag: solidbreak.
- Added new [Run] and [UninstallRun] sections parameter: Verb. When used with the shellexec flag, specifies the action to be performed on the file.
- When the shellexec flag is used in the [Run] and [UninstallRun] sections, it now uses the default verb for the file type instead of hardcoding "open". (If necessary, you can override this by adding a Verb parameter.)
- Setup now supports a /TYPE parameter to override the default setup type. [view full changelog]