News of the delay was first rumoured over at the Inquirer, then blogged over at Engadget and finally landed in our Back Page News subforum. According to the original source, the "R600 presentation and introduction is pushed to a later date. It is pushed back for launch in Q2 and this comes officially from AMD." I hesitated to write about this unfortunate report, but now I have no choice. It looks like AMD's first DirectX 10-compatible card isn't yet on its way. According to ExtremeTech's Loyd Case, ATI (AMD's graphics division) representatives personally and officially confirmed that cards based on the chip have been delayed. ExtremeTech's article went on to say that unconfirmed problems hinted at "a respin of the silicon". NVIDIA must have tears in their eyes, from laughing so hard.
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- GI.biz: Oculus' high PC specs are Sony's chance to shine in Sony Console
- Weird Problem, Stumped, DNS starts to fail after idle in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- Possible virus...? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Hyper-V Replication Failover in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- World Without End - No Man's Sky in Gamers' Hangout
- Happy Birthday To Daniel F. in Site Announcements
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.