News of the delay was first rumoured over at the Inquirer, then blogged over at Engadget and finally landed in our Back Page News subforum. According to the original source, the "R600 presentation and introduction is pushed to a later date. It is pushed back for launch in Q2 and this comes officially from AMD." I hesitated to write about this unfortunate report, but now I have no choice. It looks like AMD's first DirectX 10-compatible card isn't yet on its way. According to ExtremeTech's Loyd Case, ATI (AMD's graphics division) representatives personally and officially confirmed that cards based on the chip have been delayed. ExtremeTech's article went on to say that unconfirmed problems hinted at "a respin of the silicon". NVIDIA must have tears in their eyes, from laughing so hard.
- More RAM (Best 16 GB sticks) in Hardware Hangout
- Microsoft's new Surface commercial puts the pen and Office in the spotlight in Front Page News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- The next iPhone and iOS 9 will support Force Touch in Front Page News
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Dell U2515H (2560x1440) won't go above 2048x1152 in Hardware Hangout
- GI.biz: Oculus' high PC specs are Sony's chance to shine in Sony Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.