News of the delay was first rumoured over at the Inquirer, then blogged over at Engadget and finally landed in our Back Page News subforum. According to the original source, the "R600 presentation and introduction is pushed to a later date. It is pushed back for launch in Q2 and this comes officially from AMD." I hesitated to write about this unfortunate report, but now I have no choice. It looks like AMD's first DirectX 10-compatible card isn't yet on its way. According to ExtremeTech's Loyd Case, ATI (AMD's graphics division) representatives personally and officially confirmed that cards based on the chip have been delayed. ExtremeTech's article went on to say that unconfirmed problems hinted at "a respin of the silicon". NVIDIA must have tears in their eyes, from laughing so hard.
- Haunted house's 'ghost' attacks news crew in It's a Conspiracy!
- Tax policy: Burger King in Talks to Buy Canadian Chain Tim Hortons in Domestic Politics
- Tomatoes linked with fighting cancer in Science Discussion & News
- Police seize video gamer live on cam in Back Page News
- Will GTA V For PC Be ‘Cancelled’? in Gamers' Hangout
- Questions about cold approaching girls.... in General Discussion
- August 2014 Desktops in General Discussion
- Neowin's Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.