News of the delay was first rumoured over at the Inquirer, then blogged over at Engadget and finally landed in our Back Page News subforum. According to the original source, the "R600 presentation and introduction is pushed to a later date. It is pushed back for launch in Q2 and this comes officially from AMD." I hesitated to write about this unfortunate report, but now I have no choice. It looks like AMD's first DirectX 10-compatible card isn't yet on its way. According to ExtremeTech's Loyd Case, ATI (AMD's graphics division) representatives personally and officially confirmed that cards based on the chip have been delayed. ExtremeTech's article went on to say that unconfirmed problems hinted at "a respin of the silicon". NVIDIA must have tears in their eyes, from laughing so hard.
- More than 15,000 ex-Nokia stores are getting a Microsoft makeover worldwide in Front Page News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Virgin Media 100Mb Nightmare in Internet, Network & Security
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- Win7 Upgrade To Windows 10 TP in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- NASA breakthrough -- the EM Drive actually works! in Science Discussion & News
- Microsoft's Lumia 640 XL goes on sale in the UK, priced at £219 off-contract in Front Page News
- Here are the companies offering free or discounted calls to Nepal in Back Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.