News of the delay was first rumoured over at the Inquirer, then blogged over at Engadget and finally landed in our Back Page News subforum. According to the original source, the "R600 presentation and introduction is pushed to a later date. It is pushed back for launch in Q2 and this comes officially from AMD." I hesitated to write about this unfortunate report, but now I have no choice. It looks like AMD's first DirectX 10-compatible card isn't yet on its way. According to ExtremeTech's Loyd Case, ATI (AMD's graphics division) representatives personally and officially confirmed that cards based on the chip have been delayed. ExtremeTech's article went on to say that unconfirmed problems hinted at "a respin of the silicon". NVIDIA must have tears in their eyes, from laughing so hard.
- Israel seizes 400 hectares of West Bank lan in Real World Issues
- Removing saved placemark borders in Google Earth in Software Discussion & Support
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Questions about cold approaching girls.... in General Discussion
- Say hello to men who hate the NSA but love invading the privacy of women in Real World News
- Potentially failing Samsung HDD - Anyone got a copy of "ES-Tool"? in Hardware Hangout
- Which Nikon DSLR (<£500) do you recommend? in Digital Camera Lab
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.