News of the delay was first rumoured over at the Inquirer, then blogged over at Engadget and finally landed in our Back Page News subforum. According to the original source, the "R600 presentation and introduction is pushed to a later date. It is pushed back for launch in Q2 and this comes officially from AMD." I hesitated to write about this unfortunate report, but now I have no choice. It looks like AMD's first DirectX 10-compatible card isn't yet on its way. According to ExtremeTech's Loyd Case, ATI (AMD's graphics division) representatives personally and officially confirmed that cards based on the chip have been delayed. ExtremeTech's article went on to say that unconfirmed problems hinted at "a respin of the silicon". NVIDIA must have tears in their eyes, from laughing so hard.
- How is Windows 10... even remotely close to being complete? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Jolla splits business, refocuses efforts on software in Front Page News
- Looking to get a portable USB3 hard drive, suggestions? in Hardware Hangout
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Auslogics Registry Cleaner 5.0 in Front Page News
- Bvckup 74.11 in Front Page News
- Win 10 Preview to RTM question. in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Windows 8.1 and privilages in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.