News of the delay was first rumoured over at the Inquirer, then blogged over at Engadget and finally landed in our Back Page News subforum. According to the original source, the "R600 presentation and introduction is pushed to a later date. It is pushed back for launch in Q2 and this comes officially from AMD." I hesitated to write about this unfortunate report, but now I have no choice. It looks like AMD's first DirectX 10-compatible card isn't yet on its way. According to ExtremeTech's Loyd Case, ATI (AMD's graphics division) representatives personally and officially confirmed that cards based on the chip have been delayed. ExtremeTech's article went on to say that unconfirmed problems hinted at "a respin of the silicon". NVIDIA must have tears in their eyes, from laughing so hard.
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection in Microsoft Console
- I have the greatest wife ever in General Discussion
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta
- Nvidia surprise launches the 12GB GeForce Titan X, 'the most advanced GPU ever' in Back Page News
- Neowin.net Minecraft Server in Computer Gaming
- TextSecure: Encrypted messaging app for Android in Android
- Official Religion Thread III in Real World Issues
- Police Could Charge a Data Center in the Largest Child Porn Bust Ever in Back Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.