Neowin has several news poster positions available, mainly, but not limited to the GMT morning/daytime hours. If you have a passion for writing informative and inspiring news articles, Neowin might be the right place for you.
What are our expectations and/or requirements?
- Be active: To be a full time News Reporter at Neowin we require no less than four articles a week, but the more the better. We pay our writers per original article depending on the comments/hits. This won't replace your full time job, but is an easy way to earn extra cash for a new gadget.
- We expect all articles to be originally written, we have strict guidelines for approvals. You must be proficient in English and grammar. We understand no one is perfect, but we do have high standards in order for a post to be approved on the main page.
- You need to be able to bite your tongue when negative criticism occurs. It happens from time to time, but remember you represent Neowin on and off this site.
- Although not mandatory, living near a convention/tech hotspot would be a plus.
- The minimum age for applicants is now 18 years old. This requirement comes from our legal department (Neowin is a Limited Liability Company registered in the U.S.)
Although not mandatory, if you have writing experience this will certainly help with your application too.
We do not assign people to different areas unlike other established news sources. Our writers will write from a variety of different categories.
Here's a general idea of what we cover here at Neowin:
- Mobile Devices
- Editorials & Reviews
- And anything else that's related to technology
If you feel you have what it takes to be a news reporter here at Neowin please use our application form:
Please give us at least a week to reply to you, and please understand that we're not in a position to offer full or part time contracting at this time, all work is paid for per article.
Thanks and Good Luck!
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive, we only respond to considered applicants.