XviD is a video codec just like DivX. Most new movies and videos are being encoded with XviD. The XviD Codec is needed to play movies encoded by XviD. XviD is better than DivX.
Features: I, P Frame encoding, PMVFast and EPZS with diamond and square pattern motion estimation, inter4v mode, fullpixell and halfpixel, precision, both MPEG4 and H263 quantizations, custom quant matrices, Adaptive quantization / Luminance masking.
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed bitstream headers to be mpeg4-compliant again.
- Quant matrices are finally threadsafe.
- Interlaced encoding is fixed.
- VFW frontend fixes and misuses of core.
- Final tweaks to frame decision and motion estimation.
- Fixed overflow degeneration (Q31 problem with i-min-distance >1).
- Fixed CBR mode - the first frames weren't capped as wanted.
News source: click-now.net