One of our forum members has discovered that Kotaku, a popular gamers’ news site, is taking pictures from his blog, cropping them, and posting them as part of their gaming stories. Not only did Kotaku not ask Prince17 for permission to take his pictures, they did not credit his work whatsoever. To make matters worse, this has happened twice: once by author Luke Plunkett and the second time by Brian Ashcraft. Kotaku is often sourced by Neowin both on the forums and on the main page. Pictures need to be sourced just as words do, we have strict rules for that here and we are disappointed to see that Kotaku apparently does not. Prince17 has sent an e-mail to Kotaku; we hope this problem can be resolved without legal action.
- ESXi 5.5 - My Experience (and some questions) in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- Download flash video in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Study on penises reveals the average size ... and it's smaller than you think in Science Discussion & News
- LAPD Officers Shoot Man Five Times in Broad Daylight in Real World News
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta
- Who is running DNSSEC domains, using validation for thier dns? in Internet, Network & Security
- Could I see which devices are which from the IP addresses or hostname? in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Does resolution really matter? in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.