One of our forum members has discovered that Kotaku, a popular gamers’ news site, is taking pictures from his blog, cropping them, and posting them as part of their gaming stories. Not only did Kotaku not ask Prince17 for permission to take his pictures, they did not credit his work whatsoever. To make matters worse, this has happened twice: once by author Luke Plunkett and the second time by Brian Ashcraft. Kotaku is often sourced by Neowin both on the forums and on the main page. Pictures need to be sourced just as words do, we have strict rules for that here and we are disappointed to see that Kotaku apparently does not. Prince17 has sent an e-mail to Kotaku; we hope this problem can be resolved without legal action.
- Have you retired your last-gen consoles? in Gamers' Hangout
- ModernResizer - v0.1 in Software created by our members
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- Math problem from 9th grade that's stuck on my mind ... in General Discussion
- Meet the browser: Chrome Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Is there anything Windows 10 does better? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Destiny in Gamers' Hangout
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.