One of our forum members has discovered that Kotaku, a popular gamers’ news site, is taking pictures from his blog, cropping them, and posting them as part of their gaming stories. Not only did Kotaku not ask Prince17 for permission to take his pictures, they did not credit his work whatsoever. To make matters worse, this has happened twice: once by author Luke Plunkett and the second time by Brian Ashcraft. Kotaku is often sourced by Neowin both on the forums and on the main page. Pictures need to be sourced just as words do, we have strict rules for that here and we are disappointed to see that Kotaku apparently does not. Prince17 has sent an e-mail to Kotaku; we hope this problem can be resolved without legal action.
- Have you been satisfied with the PS4's game library since launch? in Sony Console
- NASA breakthrough -- the EM Drive actually works! in Science Discussion & News
- Discuss: Your experiences with the latest Windows 10 Technical Preview, build 10061 in Front Page News
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- Wife kills herself over 'Gay' Spouse in Real World News
- Cant see who liked my post in Site & Forum Issues
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Falcon 9: TurkmenSat 1 (commsat) in Science Discussion & News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.