One of our forum members has discovered that Kotaku, a popular gamers’ news site, is taking pictures from his blog, cropping them, and posting them as part of their gaming stories. Not only did Kotaku not ask Prince17 for permission to take his pictures, they did not credit his work whatsoever. To make matters worse, this has happened twice: once by author Luke Plunkett and the second time by Brian Ashcraft. Kotaku is often sourced by Neowin both on the forums and on the main page. Pictures need to be sourced just as words do, we have strict rules for that here and we are disappointed to see that Kotaku apparently does not. Prince17 has sent an e-mail to Kotaku; we hope this problem can be resolved without legal action.
- Graphics Card suggestions ~£100 in Hardware Hangout
- Connecting to VM through thin client. in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- Does Facebook Turn People Into Narcissists ? in General Discussion
- Huge performance degredation with Firefox 38 in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- are you afraid to die? in General Discussion
- Netbeans Reset Button in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
- Space mining is now... in Science Discussion & News
- Marco Rubio Announces 2016 Presidential Bid in Domestic Politics
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.