One of our forum members has discovered that Kotaku, a popular gamers’ news site, is taking pictures from his blog, cropping them, and posting them as part of their gaming stories. Not only did Kotaku not ask Prince17 for permission to take his pictures, they did not credit his work whatsoever. To make matters worse, this has happened twice: once by author Luke Plunkett and the second time by Brian Ashcraft. Kotaku is often sourced by Neowin both on the forums and on the main page. Pictures need to be sourced just as words do, we have strict rules for that here and we are disappointed to see that Kotaku apparently does not. Prince17 has sent an e-mail to Kotaku; we hope this problem can be resolved without legal action.
- KDE ships version 5.2 of plasma next workspace in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- Haggis Stats in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Cannot upgrade to a newer build. Help please in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Popular Adblock Plus fork Adblock Edge to be discontinued in Software Discussion & Support
- Snapchat's lawyers threaten existence of '6discover' app on Windows Phone in Front Page News
- Forum's signature keeps my old name in Site & Forum Issues
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- How to recover renamed .dbx files? in Software Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.