One of our forum members has discovered that Kotaku, a popular gamers’ news site, is taking pictures from his blog, cropping them, and posting them as part of their gaming stories. Not only did Kotaku not ask Prince17 for permission to take his pictures, they did not credit his work whatsoever. To make matters worse, this has happened twice: once by author Luke Plunkett and the second time by Brian Ashcraft. Kotaku is often sourced by Neowin both on the forums and on the main page. Pictures need to be sourced just as words do, we have strict rules for that here and we are disappointed to see that Kotaku apparently does not. Prince17 has sent an e-mail to Kotaku; we hope this problem can be resolved without legal action.
- Star Wars Battlefront beta coming next month in Front Page News
- (French tourist) Natalie Amyot who fell pregnant releases Youtube video to find baby's father in Real World News
- Metal Gear Solid V: Gamescom Gameplay Demo in Gamers Hangout
- Lumia 950 branding set for new Microsoft smartphones, reputable leaker says in Front Page News
- Google unveils its new corporate logo in Front Page News
- Uber loses initial court battle, California class-action incoming in Front Page News
- Apple is pursuing original entertainment content, new report claims in Front Page News
- Need help converting kilograms to minutes. in The Neobahn
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.