One of our forum members has discovered that Kotaku, a popular gamers’ news site, is taking pictures from his blog, cropping them, and posting them as part of their gaming stories. Not only did Kotaku not ask Prince17 for permission to take his pictures, they did not credit his work whatsoever. To make matters worse, this has happened twice: once by author Luke Plunkett and the second time by Brian Ashcraft. Kotaku is often sourced by Neowin both on the forums and on the main page. Pictures need to be sourced just as words do, we have strict rules for that here and we are disappointed to see that Kotaku apparently does not. Prince17 has sent an e-mail to Kotaku; we hope this problem can be resolved without legal action.
- Man mocks alligators, jumps in water and is killed in Texas in Real World News
- Fallout 4 - Launching 10th November 2015 in Gamers' Hangout
- Louisiana won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages in Real World News
- Help me keep my 10" Win 8.1 Tablet in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Done with Facebook in General Discussion
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- What features Win10 is missing? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- 7 Days: A week of Microsoft's tough decisions, Xbox insights and BlackBerry's Android beau in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.