One of our forum members has discovered that Kotaku, a popular gamers’ news site, is taking pictures from his blog, cropping them, and posting them as part of their gaming stories. Not only did Kotaku not ask Prince17 for permission to take his pictures, they did not credit his work whatsoever. To make matters worse, this has happened twice: once by author Luke Plunkett and the second time by Brian Ashcraft. Kotaku is often sourced by Neowin both on the forums and on the main page. Pictures need to be sourced just as words do, we have strict rules for that here and we are disappointed to see that Kotaku apparently does not. Prince17 has sent an e-mail to Kotaku; we hope this problem can be resolved without legal action.
- Seeking advice on Linux certification and jobs in Linux Unix Support
- Windows 10 LTSB 1511 ISO in Microsoft Windows Support
- Call of Duty Black Ops III wont start - so glad I spent $50 on an icon. in Computer Gaming
- Buying new "laptop". Thoughs on the models? surface book? xps13? yoga 900 in Hardware Hangout
- Xbox Games with Gold for December includes five free titles in Front Page News
- Three Reasons Why Anti-Virus Alone is No Longer Enough in Back Page News
- Used Prius scams in The Neobahn
- 'I'm Going to Kill You': Man Screaming at Spider Prompts 'Domestic' Call, Police Response in Australia in Real World News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.