One of our forum members has discovered that Kotaku, a popular gamers’ news site, is taking pictures from his blog, cropping them, and posting them as part of their gaming stories. Not only did Kotaku not ask Prince17 for permission to take his pictures, they did not credit his work whatsoever. To make matters worse, this has happened twice: once by author Luke Plunkett and the second time by Brian Ashcraft. Kotaku is often sourced by Neowin both on the forums and on the main page. Pictures need to be sourced just as words do, we have strict rules for that here and we are disappointed to see that Kotaku apparently does not. Prince17 has sent an e-mail to Kotaku; we hope this problem can be resolved without legal action.
- HELP! Internal D drive wiped after upgrading to Win 10! in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Don't be racist ... be like Mario! in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- A playable Super Mario 64 has come to your browser in glorious HD in Front Page News
- Meet Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Amanda Knox is CLEARED of murdering Meredith Kercher in Real World News
- Google Adwords' top result for "Bing Ads" is a phishing site in Front Page News
- PS4 Firmware 2.50 in Sony Console
- I'm finally ditching Android for a Windows phone... in Windows Phone
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.