LG will next week unveil a consumer optical disc player capable of handling both HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc next-generation disc formats, it has emerged. The company appears to have confirmed that it will launch the device at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas next week, but it's keeping mum on details like availability and pricing. Samsung is the name most associated with dual-format players - the LG rival last year admitted it was considering such a device, having been earlier rumoured to be working on one. Later, Samsung indicated it had nixed the notion, preferring to put its full weight behind the Blu-ray Disc format, which it has long been a supporter.
- Windows 10 is said to be running on 67 million PCs already in front page news
- Microsoft says it could be "weeks" before you get your Windows 10 upgrade notification in front page news
- What are you listening to? (2015 Edition) in wall of sound
- Meet the browser: Firefox Next in web browser discussion support
- Despite successful crowdfunding campaign, YotaPhone 2's US launch has been cancelled in front page news
- Dopamine in software created by our members
- Tax warrants against 7-year-old Indiana girl in real world news
- Windows 10 - Movies & TV App and MKV Files in microsoft windows discussion support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.