LG will next week unveil a consumer optical disc player capable of handling both HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc next-generation disc formats, it has emerged. The company appears to have confirmed that it will launch the device at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas next week, but it's keeping mum on details like availability and pricing. Samsung is the name most associated with dual-format players - the LG rival last year admitted it was considering such a device, having been earlier rumoured to be working on one. Later, Samsung indicated it had nixed the notion, preferring to put its full weight behind the Blu-ray Disc format, which it has long been a supporter.
- Best ASP.NET / PHP Host in Web Design / Programming
- Falcon 9 / Dragon CRS-6 ISS resupply in Science Discussion & News
- 4 British Sailors Charged with Sexually Assaulting Woman in N.S. in Real World Issues
- Cyanogen in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Mortal Kombat X: Goro is back! (trailer) in Gamers' Hangout
- Win7 Upgrade To Windows 10 TP in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Roll back from windows 10 TP to 8.1 in Windows Phone
- Windows RT: A Success for Microsoft? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.