LG will next week unveil a consumer optical disc player capable of handling both HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc next-generation disc formats, it has emerged. The company appears to have confirmed that it will launch the device at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas next week, but it's keeping mum on details like availability and pricing. Samsung is the name most associated with dual-format players - the LG rival last year admitted it was considering such a device, having been earlier rumoured to be working on one. Later, Samsung indicated it had nixed the notion, preferring to put its full weight behind the Blu-ray Disc format, which it has long been a supporter.
- Watch LIVE: Microsoft showcases new Windows 10 devices on the way in Front Page News
- StART - Your homepage reinvented! in Internet Network Security
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop heads to Galaxy S6 and S6 edge in Canada, then gets pulled due to a bug in Front Page News
- What's the name of your Wi-fi? in Internet Network Security
- Gaming PCs are using an insane amount of power, new study claims in Front Page News
- ComScore: Windows Phone marketshare remains steady at 2.9% in the U.S in Front Page News
- Star Wars BB-8 Droid toy now available in Front Page News
- Crackdown 3 and the Power of the Cloud in Microsoft Console Xbox
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.