LG will next week unveil a consumer optical disc player capable of handling both HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc next-generation disc formats, it has emerged. The company appears to have confirmed that it will launch the device at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas next week, but it's keeping mum on details like availability and pricing. Samsung is the name most associated with dual-format players - the LG rival last year admitted it was considering such a device, having been earlier rumoured to be working on one. Later, Samsung indicated it had nixed the notion, preferring to put its full weight behind the Blu-ray Disc format, which it has long been a supporter.
- Report: Apple plans to nix 3.5mm port on iPhone 7, require Lightning for wired headphones in Front Page News
- Sony confirms Remote Play streaming is coming to Windows and Mac in Front Page News
- Three Reasons Why Anti-Virus Alone is No Longer Enough in Back Page News
- Really need some help in Computer Gaming
- Discovery of new human ancestor Homo naledi sparks racism row in South Africa in Science Discussion News
- Samurize in Os Customization Tips And Tweaks
- What are you playing? in Gamers Hangout
- Bill Gates said to launch multi-billion dollar clean energy tech initiative on Monday in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.