LG will next week unveil a consumer optical disc player capable of handling both HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc next-generation disc formats, it has emerged. The company appears to have confirmed that it will launch the device at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas next week, but it's keeping mum on details like availability and pricing. Samsung is the name most associated with dual-format players - the LG rival last year admitted it was considering such a device, having been earlier rumoured to be working on one. Later, Samsung indicated it had nixed the notion, preferring to put its full weight behind the Blu-ray Disc format, which it has long been a supporter.
- The Control Panel may soon disappear in future Windows 10 builds in Front Page News
- The Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, Band 2, and new Lumias are now on display in Microsoft stores in Front Page News
- What do you drive? in The Neobahn
- 'At least 10 killed' in college shooting in Oregon in Real World Issues
- Star Wars Battlefront open beta test kicks off today in Front Page News
- Looking to Upgrade my Late 2008 Nehalem System in Hardware Hangout
- Microsoft now offers "Complete" warranty plans for HoloLens, Surface Book, and more in Front Page News
- Boehner Will Resign From Congress in Domestic Politics
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.