Despite the retail giant's plans to offer a sub-$200 Toshiba HD DVD player, Walmart was recently beaten to the punch time-wise by CircuitCity and now price-wise by BestBuy. Toshiba's HD-A2, which started out at $500, is now priced at $180 on BestBuy's website. Unfortunately, the stock for shipping has already sold out and there seems to be limited availibilty for store pickup. The HD-A2 is, after all, an outdated product that retailers want to clear off the shelves. Toshiba and Sony still have quite a while until the holidays; there's no telling what they have prepared to win movie-lovers over. The HD war continues: to the consumer's delight, prices are dropping, but to the consumer's dismay, a winner has yet to emerge.
- A Genetic 'Bigfoot' ? in It's a Conspiracy!
- Tax policy: Burger King in Talks to Buy Canadian Chain Tim Hortons in Domestic Politics
- Will GTA V For PC Be ‘Cancelled’? in Gamers' Hangout
- NFL Sunday Ticket Service Now Availalble For Windows Phone and Xbox One Users in Front Page News
- Ultimate Icon Converter : Create and convert .ICO files very easily in Software created by our members
- Neowin Monthly Photography Challenge - Aug '14 (Frozen in Time) in Digital Camera Lab
- Show us your Battlestations - 2014 Edition in Hardware Hangout
- Gov. Jerry Brown to Mexican Illegals: 'You're All Welcome in California' in Domestic Politics
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.