According to information that was accidentally published by LG in its German blog, it may appear that they are currently working on a successor to the LG Viewty, the LG Viewty II or GC900. The original Viewty by LG, the KU990, sold very well, particularly in Europe, where it was suggested that it may have outsold the Apple iPhone.
Specs of the LG Viewty II (GC900):
- 3.00 inch, 480 X 800 Pixels, 262 144 Colour TFT Touch screen with handwriting recognition
- Quadband with GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA and 3G Network compatible
- Wi-Fi and Stereo Bluetooth 2.0 Connectivity
- MicroSD Cardslot
- 8 MP Camera with Auto focus, Manual focus, Image Stabilizer, Face Detection, Blink shot, Smile Detection, Flash and Geo tagging
- Supports IMAP, POP3, SMTP E-mail
Based on the pictures themselves, it appears that that the device would be using the 'S-CLASS USER INTERFACE' and may be offered by Orange. It is also reported that the handset has a thickness of 12.4 mm [half an inch] and weighs around 90g [3.17 oz].
Please note that none of the information you see in this post is final until it is confirmed by LG. The German Blog entry has now been taken down by LG.