Media Player Classic - Home Cinema is a free audio and video player for Windows. Media Player Classic - Home Cinema project is based on the original "Media Player Classic" SourceForge project created by Gabest. After the original author stopped working on it the new versions came under the new project called Media Player Classic - Home Cinema also hosted at SourceForge.net. The player supports all common video, audio and image file formats available as well as video playback.
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs. It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4. MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:
WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV.
Highlights of this release:
- MPC-HC can now support DVB-T2 broadcast and display EPG information for Freeview (UK free-to-air channels). The scan feature has also been improved for better channel detection.
- The normalization algorithm used by the Audio Switcher has been improved to avoid annoyingly big volume drops.
- A bug that resulted in missing PGS or DVB subtitles has been fixed.
- There was a memory leak in some cases when playing files with chapters.
- We fixed a bug that could have made MPC-HC slow to close with audio keeping playing for a while.