MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs. It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4. MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:
WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV.
What's new in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 1.7.4:
- New Bengali and Tatar translations
- Support for opening “icyx://” stream URLs
- Ticket #2348/#3583, Automatically refresh the information bar and title bar so that the correct information is always shown for streaming (e.g. online radios)
- Ticket #4043, Statistic: Show playback rate for audio files
- If MPC-HC is configured to override the splitter choice when doing the initial track selection, tracks selected at splitter level will be preferred in case more than one tracks match the criteria
- The “Jump to” menu has been split in several smaller submenus displayed in the “Navigate” menu depending on the media currently playing
- The internal LAV Splitter will now be used by default to demux AviSynth scripts instead of using the old VFW interface. Note that AviSynth is still required even if LAV Splitter is used
- SoundTouch to v1.8.0
- Little CMS to v2.6 (git 40300b1)
- Unrar to v5.1.2
- MediaInfoLib to v0.7.68
- ZenLib to v0.4.29 r446......[full version history]