Metal Player it’s a window to your multimedia world. You can listen music, play movies or watch your recorded concerts. Metal Player supports all audio and video media file types, containers and formats including MP3, OGG, MPG, WMA, MKV, FLV, AVI, MPG, WMV, MPEG, DivX, XviD, MP4 and many others.
Here are some of the most important MP features:
- Equalizer - MP has a 10 bands equalizer, with functions to load and save presets, or to make your own presets.
- Playlist - The playlist has usual functions like add / delete files or entire folders, search function, and possibility to schedule the files in the order you like.
- Intelligent Playback - Metal Player can be configured to play the files in current order, randomly, or to play only the songs that you like the most (Intelligent playback). If you enable Intelligent Playback, your personal assistant Irene will chose the next songs for you.
- Personal Assistant – Irene is your personal assistant and you can chat with her trough text or voice. Her main goal is to know you better, and to understand your musical preferences. What genre you like, what band you like, or what song or album you like most. It has a complex algorithm that determines what are your preferred songs, based on many parameters like how much do you listen the song, if you changed it before it finished, how often do you listen that band or song, how many other songs from the same genre you listen, or from the same album or artist and so on.
- Advanced file information – You can see technical and tag data for video and audio files, like format, profile, commercial name of the format, container name, overall bit rate, writing application and library, codec ID required, and many more.
- Automatic subtitle downloader – Metal Player can download movie subtitles. You also have the option to chose the one you want, with just few clicks.
- History – Makes a history with all the files that you played. Also, you can see how many times you listened some music.
- Support for almost all audio and video formats – You want to listen your favorite music from your computer, or to play your favorite radio? Or maybe you want to see a movie? No problem, Metal Player can play almost anything.
- YouTube video playback – You can play YouTube links directly in Metal Player. Just go to File > Open URL.
- Internationalization - Metal Player is available in 11 languages: English, Deutsch, French, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian and Simplified Chinese.
Below you can find the formats that are supported by Metal Player:
- Audio file types: Mp3, wav, wma, cda, mpa, ac3, ogg, snd, rmi, m4a, ape, flac, aac, mp1, gsm, aif, ra, au, and partial mid and midi.
- Video file types: mp4, avi, mpg, mpeg, wmv, mp2, mpe, asf, dat, divx, m1v, m2v, m4v, vob, mpv, ogm, ogv, flv, swf, mkv, rm, m2ts, evo, webm, 3gp and partial qt and mov (requires Quick Time codec).
- Supported protocols: Http, https, mms, mmh and ftp.
- Codecs and formats - Metal Player has included Lav filters, to split and decode video files. Here are some supported formats: h264, vc1, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, msmpeg4, vp8, wmv3, wmv12, mjpeg, theora, flash, vp6, svq, h261, h263, indeo, camtasia, fraps, huffyuv, qtrle, dvvideo, blink, smackvid, rv12, rv34, lagarith, cinepak, camstudio, qpeg, zlib, rpza, png, msrle, prores, untvideo, dirac, dnxhd, msvideo1, 8bps, loco, zmbv, vcr1, snow, ffv1 and v210/v410.
What's new in version 18.104.22.168:
- New: Switch to time remaining or time elapsed when clicking the time label.
- Fix: Subtitles error – Expected DTD markup was not found.
- Fix: YouTube playback – Add a missing video info.
- Fix: Many other small bugs.