Today at the 2007 International CES in Las Vegas, Microsoft Corp. and Razer USA Ltd. set a new standard in gaming innovation with the new Microsoft® Reclusa gaming keyboard. Reclusa will help set gamers apart from their competitors with advanced features and best-in-class design elements such as ambient backlighting, Hyperesponse Gaming Key Action for maximum response with minimal latency, and two built-in gold-plated USB ports. Gamers will be able to improve their efficiency with 12 custom-programmable buttons that include two 360 Degree Jog-Dials and two Bumper Buttons conveniently located on each side of the keyboard for faster control and optimized gameplay.
With the launch of Reclusa, Microsoft and Razer are adding a keyboard to their gaming lineup, which includes the successful Habu mouse.
News source: MS Presspass
Reclusa complements the gaming desktop with these features in technology and innovation:
· Blue LED backlit keys allow gaming in low-light or no-light conditions.
· Razer Hyperesponse Gaming Key Action reduces key latency for maximized response.
· Two 360 Degree Jog-Dials, one on each side of the keyboard, can be quickly accessed during gameplay.
· Four Bumper Buttons enable easy access to common keyboard commands.
· Six programmable gaming Hot Keys allow players to create and store different macros and keystrokes for each game profile so they can combine several moves with the touch of one key.
· On-the-fly profile management enables users to create and store key mapping and macros for each game profile; keyboard software also automatically assigns different game profiles for supported games.
· Detachable padded wrist restis ergonomically designed for exceptional comfort.
· Gold-plated USB portsprovide plug-in access with maximum conductivity for additional peripherals.
"We are excited to partner with Razer to develop Reclusa and deliver on the keyboard needs of an estimated 200 million PC gamers worldwide," said Bill Jukes, product marketing manager for Microsoft Hardware at Microsoft. "The new keyboard builds upon our joint commitment to provide the most advanced features and comfortable implementation to the gaming community."
Reclusa is the second co-branded device from Microsoft and Razer. The two companies first united to create Habu, a laser gaming mouse that delivers 2,000 dots-per-inch performance and features selectable side button panels to accommodate varying hand sizes and preferences, high-speed motion detection, and an ergonomic design for intense gaming sessions.
"The excitement around the recently launched Habu mouse illustrates that gamers around the globe are just as enthusiastic about our alliance with Microsoft as we are," said Robert "RazerGuy" Krakoff, president of Razer. "With the launch of Reclusa, we are taking that alliance to the next level and continuing to raise the bar of innovation in the gaming industry."
Pricing and Availability
Microsoft Reclusa will be widely available in spring 2007 for an estimated retail price1 of $69.95 (U.S.).