Update: RC-escrow builds are not the same as RC builds released to public and thus updated the article's title and content to reflect the same.
Neowin earlier reported that Windows 7 RC is expected on April 10, 2009, but it looks like Microsoft has updated its schedule. Russian website Wzor has given some interesting tidbits about the revised 2010 TAP schedule of Microsoft. Wzor gives us the following dates related to Windows 7, Office 14 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
- The most recent build compiled is build 7061 on March 11, 2009
- Internal RC-escrow builds of Windows 7 & Windows Server 2008 R2 will be delivered to select testers on the fourth week of April 2009
- Release candidate for Windows 7 & for Windows Server 2008 R2 will be released to the public during the last week of May 2009
An Escrow Build is a build where development halts and developers & beta testers start testing the product for any show-stopper bugs. Microsoft always emphasizes this to testers to concentrate only on the regressions and confirmation of fixes when asking for feedback on escrow builds.
- First beta of Office 14 will be released in early July and will not be available for public testing
- Second beta version of Office 14 will be released in early November
- Final RTM release of Office 14 is scheduled in early March 2010
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- The RTM release of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 is planned for early October 2009
While these dates are expected to change, it is nice to see Windows 7 progress and I am up for anything that makes Windows 7 a stable OS.