It would appear that the San Francisco Chronicle misquoted Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division, in regards to Microsoft passing the 1-million-Zunes-sold mark. Many websites, including Neowin, used the write-up of the interview as a source instead of using the mp3 recording. We apologize for our mistake. Cesar Menendez, a Microsoft employee working on Zune, cleared up the confusion with the following words on his blog: "So for the record, we haven't made any official announcements on our sales numbers. We are on track, though, to sell one million devices before the end of the fiscal year (June 30). In addition, we've achieved our goal of being the number 2 player in the hard-drive category."
- Mandriva Goes Out of Business in Back Page News
- atikmdag.sys BSOD in Hardware Hangout
- Destiny in Gamers' Hangout
- Paris: Phone porn fears after pupils fondle girls in Real World News
- FIFA Officials Arrested on Corruption Charges in Back Page News
- Are you stealing content if you have an ad blocker? in General Discussion
- Windows 10 is getting a Japanese anime mascot, but it still needs a name in Back Page News
- GI.biz: Oculus' high PC specs are Sony's chance to shine in Sony Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.