It would appear that the San Francisco Chronicle misquoted Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division, in regards to Microsoft passing the 1-million-Zunes-sold mark. Many websites, including Neowin, used the write-up of the interview as a source instead of using the mp3 recording. We apologize for our mistake. Cesar Menendez, a Microsoft employee working on Zune, cleared up the confusion with the following words on his blog: "So for the record, we haven't made any official announcements on our sales numbers. We are on track, though, to sell one million devices before the end of the fiscal year (June 30). In addition, we've achieved our goal of being the number 2 player in the hard-drive category."
- Jawdropping: Oldest human fossil fills in a 2.8-million-year-old gap in evolution in Science Discussion & News
- Quebec resident Alain Philippon to fight charge for not giving up phone password at airport in Back Page News
- build 9926 - Yoga Pro 2? in Microsoft Beta
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Massive Exoplanet Evolved in Extreme 4-Star System in Science Discussion & News
- Why aren't other Windows tablets/hybrids (besides the Surface) selling? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- NASA Ames Reproduces the Building Blocks of Life in Laboratory in Science Discussion & News
- If S6 fails then Flagship is dead for Android in Android
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.