It would appear that the San Francisco Chronicle misquoted Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division, in regards to Microsoft passing the 1-million-Zunes-sold mark. Many websites, including Neowin, used the write-up of the interview as a source instead of using the mp3 recording. We apologize for our mistake. Cesar Menendez, a Microsoft employee working on Zune, cleared up the confusion with the following words on his blog: "So for the record, we haven't made any official announcements on our sales numbers. We are on track, though, to sell one million devices before the end of the fiscal year (June 30). In addition, we've achieved our goal of being the number 2 player in the hard-drive category."
- Giveaway: OLALA C2 6000mAh portable battery pack in Front Page News
- The Control Panel may soon disappear in future Windows 10 builds in Front Page News
- LastPass to be acquired by LogMeIn in Front Page News
- HP continues to follow in Surface's footsteps with the Spectre x2 in Front Page News
- It's good, but the iPhone 6s Plus no longer represents the best in a changing smartphone market in Front Page News
- Shadow Defender 18.104.22.1681 in Front Page News
- Elite: Dangerous in Computer Gaming
- The point and shoot is back with 16 lenses: startup Light wants to make the DSLR obsolete in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.