It would appear that the San Francisco Chronicle misquoted Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division, in regards to Microsoft passing the 1-million-Zunes-sold mark. Many websites, including Neowin, used the write-up of the interview as a source instead of using the mp3 recording. We apologize for our mistake. Cesar Menendez, a Microsoft employee working on Zune, cleared up the confusion with the following words on his blog: "So for the record, we haven't made any official announcements on our sales numbers. We are on track, though, to sell one million devices before the end of the fiscal year (June 30). In addition, we've achieved our goal of being the number 2 player in the hard-drive category."
- My new Haswell-E build in Hardware Hangout
- What are you listening to? (2014 Edition) in Wall of Sound
- Nintendo Unveils New 3DS in Nintendo Console
- Need help with RegEx in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
- I survived a catastrophic car accident. in General Discussion
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- SSD RAM Cache Software in Software Discussion & Support
- Long term truce announced between Palestine and Israel in Real World Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.