One of the "big" features discussed in early speculation of Windows Vista SP1 was the kernel upgrade, which was supposed to bring the operating system into line with the Longhorn kernel used in Windows Server 2008. And yet with Vista SP1 going RTM, there hasn't been so much as a peep from Microsoft about the mooted kernel update. Has it happened? Well the answer is yes it has, and presumably the main reason for Microsoft's silence on the subject is that as they're keen to promote the improvements and enhancements to Vista, rather than placing emphasis on a kernel upgrade, which some people might see as a risk of newly-introduced instability.
- Diablo III in Gamers' Hangout
- Apple's iOS ads are about to take over your whole screen in Back Page News
- Weird blue gradient background and clouds breaking the site in Site & Forum Issues
- explain this sql command to me? in Web Design / Programming
- Neowin New Theme : Review & Bug Report (August 2014) in Site & Forum Issues
- What's that message at the top of the forums? We're upgrading in Site Announcements
- Telltale, you magnificent bastards in Gamers' Hangout
- Jagged text on front page? in Site & Forum Issues
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.