Microsoft has launched Microsoft Office Mobile 2010 today.
The release co-incides with today's Office 2010 launch. The new Office suite is made for Windows Mobile 6.5. A different version of Office Mobile will ship with Windows Phone 7 later this year. Currently live, the Office Mobile 2010 website features a quick video about the software, as well as a list of features available. To download the software (assuming you're running a phone with Windows Mobile), you can search for "Office Mobile 2010" in the Windows Marketplace.
Here are the highlighted features:
- Use gestures, such as clicks, drags, and taps to navigate around
- SharePoint Workspace Mobile, allowing you to take your work wherever you go
- PowerPoint Mobile's Presentation Companion, allowing you to use an external monitor to display slides, controlling them from the phone
- Ability to save files back to SharePoint Server, or email them to a contact
- Support for bullets, numbering, and font styles in Word and OneNote Mobile
- Cell formatting options in Excel Mobile
- Support for rich graphics, including SmartArt graphics
- OneNote Mobile
- Copy and paste across applications
To learn more about Office Mobile 2010, visit Microsoft's website.