Thanks Jiang for emailing us this update. Microsoft Portrait for Pocket PC and Handheld PC 1.3 was released on May 28. New features include:
- Microsoft Portrait supports .NET Messenger Service on Pocket PCs and Handheld PCs. Users can find online buddies and place calls through their .NET passports. This feature is also applicable to Windows CE versions before Pocket PC 2002.
- A normal chat window is added. Users can chat on their Pocket PCs or Handheld PCs through a normal chat window rather than inputting messages to the address bar and receiving messages in popup windows.
- The "push to talk" button is mapped to hardware rocker action button.
- An auto reconnection function is added for hurried game users. The software can auto reconnect if time out.
- A circle at the left of the status bar is used to indicate status. It is red when the software is disconnected; it is yellow when the user can listen; it is aqua when the user can talk.
Microsoft Portrait provides basic chat/voice/video functions almost anytime, anywhere, on any device.
News source: Microsoft Portrait Site @ Microsoft Research