The Beta Period is over, and version 1.0 has been released. Here are just some of the features that are new to the software, added from Beta Tester Feedback:
- Toolkit Administrators can now easily view the status of Windows Disk Protection
- It is no longer necessary to write scripts to automate the anti-virus update process when Windows Disk Protection is enabled
- Several new restrictions have been added to the User Restrictions tool, and some restrictions have been moved within the tool
- Customers with Active Directory domains can apply the Toolkit's user restrictions to domain accounts with a Group Policy template
- Many international issues have been resolved, to ensure that the Toolkit operates properly on non-English versions of Windows XP
- The graphical user interface (GUI) was improved based on usability feedback
- The "Windows Restrictions" tool was renamed "User Restrictions"
- The "User Profile" tool was renamed "Profile Manager"
News source: OSNN