Thanks Stevie for the heads up. Microsoft Corp. told a federal judge on Monday that it has decided not call nearly half of its remaining defense witnesses, citing "progress made so far" in defending itself from severe antitrust sanctions.
Attorneys for Microsoft told U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly that eight of the 17 witnesses remaining on its list would not take the stand, including four Microsoft executives, company spokesman Jim Desler said.
"After reviewing the progress made so far in our case, as well as assessing the states' witnesses and what we believe are shortcomings in the states' case, Microsoft has decided we will not call several individuals who were originally on our witness list," Desler said.
Microsoft reached a settlement of the antitrust case with the Justice Department in November, but nine of the states in the case are asking the judge for more severe sanctions.