If you own a Surface2 or a Pro 2, there is an update waiting for you that will fix a few bugs and other issues with your device. These patches are part of Microsoft’s “Patch Tuesday” where they release updates on the second Tuesday of every month.
For those of you with a Surface 2, the updates are listed below:
he following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 6/10/2014” when you view your update history.
- Surface 2 UEFI (v4.21.500.0) update enhances overall system stability, including boot and reboot scenarios, compatibility with Surface Power Cover, and increased battery life when Surface 2 is not in use.
- System Aggregator Firmware (v1.0.50500.0) update enhances the charging behavior of the Power Cover.
- Surface Power Cover Firmware Update (v2.0.595.0) update improves battery life when using the Power Cover with Surface 2.
- Surface Platform Power Driver (v2.0.557.0) update improves battery life when used with the Surface Power Cover.
- Audio Driver Set (v 184.108.40.20619) and Display Driver Set (v 220.127.116.1118). This update provides enhanced support for external displays, improves the Miracast experience, and enhances the overall system stability while reducing power consumption in many scenarios.
- Surface Accessory Device (v2.0.583.0) update enhances the experience when using a Surface Cover.
- Wireless Network Controller (v14.62.28061.10179) and Bluetooth (v14.62.28061.10179) update simplifies and improves tethering for Surface 2 4G LTE.
For those of you with a Pro 2, the following updates are now available for you to download.
- Surface Pro UEFI (v2.4.950.0) and Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (v18.104.22.168) updates enhance system stability with microSD products, improves compatibility with Power Cover, and increases the reliability of sleep state transitions. Surface Pro UEFI update also provides support for PXE boot with the new Surface Ethernet Adapter.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v2.4.350.0) update improves sleep state transitions when a Surface Cover is attached.
- Surface Accessory Device (v2.0.287.0) update improves sleep state transitions when a Surface Cover is attached.
- Surface Power Cover Firmware Update (v2.0.288.0) improves reliability when the Power Cover is attached to Surface and folded behind Surface.
- HD Graphics Family (v10.18.10.3496) update improves Miracast wireless display experience and enhances display stability.
There were no updates for the Surface RT and the Pro 1 nor were there any updates for the Surface Pro 3 but that’s not surprising as very few have them outside the walls of Microsoft.
If you want to download the updates manually, you can hit the download link below and follow the instructions to get the latest bits on your device before they are pushed down via Windows Update.