Microsoft may not have taken care of the monster power brick, console overheating problems or the red rings of death but the company seems to have addressed the issue of the Xbox 360's extremely loud DVD drive. Microsoft has replaced the current Toshiba-Samsung and Hitachi-LG drives with BenQ VAD6038 DVD drives in the Xbox 360 consoles manufactured in November 2006 onward. According to user reports, the new Philips-based drive is extremely quiet compared to its predecessor and even loads games faster. The fact that Microsoft is making hardware changes to its console results in a few questions. What else will they change? Maybe a bigger hard disk drive? Is the Zephyr really coming?
- HELP! Internal D drive wiped after upgrading to Win 10! in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Windows 10: Fast or Faster? Thread in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Windows XP nostalgia in General Discussion
- I'm Finally Ditching Windows Phone for Android in Android
- Valve Is Not Psyched It Got An 'F' In Customer Service in Computer Gaming
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- straight talk unlimted? in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Installing directx 9 on Windows 8? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.