Microsoft may not have taken care of the monster power brick, console overheating problems or the red rings of death but the company seems to have addressed the issue of the Xbox 360's extremely loud DVD drive. Microsoft has replaced the current Toshiba-Samsung and Hitachi-LG drives with BenQ VAD6038 DVD drives in the Xbox 360 consoles manufactured in November 2006 onward. According to user reports, the new Philips-based drive is extremely quiet compared to its predecessor and even loads games faster. The fact that Microsoft is making hardware changes to its console results in a few questions. What else will they change? Maybe a bigger hard disk drive? Is the Zephyr really coming?
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
- Laptop for Girlfriend (US) in Hardware Hangout
- Mayweather vs Pacquiao: Fight is officially on for May 2 in The Sporting Arena
- 2 Gunmen Killed Outside [Texas] Muhammad Cartoon Contest in Real World Issues
- Nearly seven months on, Lollipop is still on less than 10% of Android devices in Front Page News
- Universal Apps -- How Do They Work? in Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc.)
- USB Kill Devices - Thoughts? in Software Discussion & Support
- Desktop & ESXi Build Review in Hardware Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.