Microsoft may not have taken care of the monster power brick, console overheating problems or the red rings of death but the company seems to have addressed the issue of the Xbox 360's extremely loud DVD drive. Microsoft has replaced the current Toshiba-Samsung and Hitachi-LG drives with BenQ VAD6038 DVD drives in the Xbox 360 consoles manufactured in November 2006 onward. According to user reports, the new Philips-based drive is extremely quiet compared to its predecessor and even loads games faster. The fact that Microsoft is making hardware changes to its console results in a few questions. What else will they change? Maybe a bigger hard disk drive? Is the Zephyr really coming?
- What does everyone think of the new Microsoft Edge? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Meet the browser: Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- 'A Häagen-Dazs-aster': Police churn out tenuous puns as uninsured ice cream van is seized in Real World News
- Nigeria court in Kano sentences nine people to death for blasphemy in Real World Issues
- Official: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Issues in Real World Issues
- Installing IE11 in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Girl, 6, rats out father to police in Real World News
- Get colored title bars in Windows 10 in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.