Microsoft may not have taken care of the monster power brick, console overheating problems or the red rings of death but the company seems to have addressed the issue of the Xbox 360's extremely loud DVD drive. Microsoft has replaced the current Toshiba-Samsung and Hitachi-LG drives with BenQ VAD6038 DVD drives in the Xbox 360 consoles manufactured in November 2006 onward. According to user reports, the new Philips-based drive is extremely quiet compared to its predecessor and even loads games faster. The fact that Microsoft is making hardware changes to its console results in a few questions. What else will they change? Maybe a bigger hard disk drive? Is the Zephyr really coming?
- Motorola's new Moto E has LTE and a bigger screen for just $149 in Android
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Apple wants to replace car keys with the Apple Watch in Front Page News
- Google Account and Play: it require to use gmail? in Android
- Tell me why you think Firefox is better. in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Visual Studio VS Web Expressions vs Dreamweaver in Web Design / Programming
- Google brings ads to the Play Store in Front Page News
- Google snags .app domain for a whopping $25 million in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.