Microsoft may not have taken care of the monster power brick, console overheating problems or the red rings of death but the company seems to have addressed the issue of the Xbox 360's extremely loud DVD drive. Microsoft has replaced the current Toshiba-Samsung and Hitachi-LG drives with BenQ VAD6038 DVD drives in the Xbox 360 consoles manufactured in November 2006 onward. According to user reports, the new Philips-based drive is extremely quiet compared to its predecessor and even loads games faster. The fact that Microsoft is making hardware changes to its console results in a few questions. What else will they change? Maybe a bigger hard disk drive? Is the Zephyr really coming?
- Woman dies after metal detector causes pacemaker to malfunction in Real World News
- 10 Most Mysterious Mummies in the World in It's a Conspiracy!
- School marked down by Ofsted for being 'too white' in Real World News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- 34” Monitor Screenshots in Hardware Hangout
- Barack Obama enforces US immigration overhaul in Domestic Politics
- Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- would you ride this coaster? in The Hobby Corner