Microsoft may not have taken care of the monster power brick, console overheating problems or the red rings of death but the company seems to have addressed the issue of the Xbox 360's extremely loud DVD drive. Microsoft has replaced the current Toshiba-Samsung and Hitachi-LG drives with BenQ VAD6038 DVD drives in the Xbox 360 consoles manufactured in November 2006 onward. According to user reports, the new Philips-based drive is extremely quiet compared to its predecessor and even loads games faster. The fact that Microsoft is making hardware changes to its console results in a few questions. What else will they change? Maybe a bigger hard disk drive? Is the Zephyr really coming?
- 4K monitor first try in Hardware Hangout
- Marco Rubio Announces 2016 Presidential Bid in Domestic Politics
- What Can I Do To Stop Adobe Illustrator Error? in General Discussion
- The Jimquisition: The Asset Flip in Gamers' Hangout
- Graphics Card suggestions ~£100 in Hardware Hangout
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- My computer has been hacked. in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Polari IRC in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.