Is HD DVD coming back fighting? In the last 3 months (April 1 - June 30), movie stores witnessed the release of 70 HD DVD and 63 Blu-ray titles, according to industry tipsheet The DVD Release Report. This comes as quite a turnaround for the HD DVD camp: in the first quarter, they released only 29 titles compared to Blu-ray's 69. Primary HD DVD backer Universal Studios led the Q2 HD DVD push, releasing a total of 33 HD DVD titles on its own. Although the studio has been accused of rushing some of its more recent HD DVD catalogue titles to market at the cost of picture quality, it shows no signs of slowing down with another 23 HD DVD titles already announced for release from now through September.
- How many Hard Drives (HDD/SSD) do you own? in Poll Station
- How important are a replaceable battery and expandable storage in a smartphone? in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Samsung Silent On Disastrous Galaxy S6 Sales in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Free tablet for participating in a survey in General Discussion
- New Xbox One controller coming? in Microsoft Console
- Will a Planetary Alignment Cause a 9.8 Earthquake ? in General Discussion
- Apple to take on Google Now head-on with 'Proactive' in Front Page News
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection: June 2015 in Sony Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.