Is HD DVD coming back fighting? In the last 3 months (April 1 - June 30), movie stores witnessed the release of 70 HD DVD and 63 Blu-ray titles, according to industry tipsheet The DVD Release Report. This comes as quite a turnaround for the HD DVD camp: in the first quarter, they released only 29 titles compared to Blu-ray's 69. Primary HD DVD backer Universal Studios led the Q2 HD DVD push, releasing a total of 33 HD DVD titles on its own. Although the studio has been accused of rushing some of its more recent HD DVD catalogue titles to market at the cost of picture quality, it shows no signs of slowing down with another 23 HD DVD titles already announced for release from now through September.
- What are you listening to? (2015 Edition) in Wall of Sound
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Glary Utilities 126.96.36.199 in Front Page News
- Migrating Failover Cluster to New 10Gbit Network + New SAN in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- Official Climate Change/Global Warming Thread in Real World Issues
- Another bad ad in Site & Forum Issues
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.