Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey's Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom's Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
What's new in this version:
- FIX: repainting issue at menu buttons for removing format strings from histories at converter 'Filename - Filename' (since v2.59).
- NEW: added taskbar progress indicator on Windows 7 and above when performing potentially long-running tasks.
- NEW: added support for Direct Stream Digital Audio DSF files.
- FIX: content rating tag field ITUNESADVISORY was not displayed if set to 0 (None).
- CHG: updated help file with changed possible values for ITUNESADVISORY tag field.
- FIX: improved performance when displaying actions menu.
- NEW: menu for removing format strings from history at converter 'Filename - Filename'.
- FIX: enabling/disabling filter via 'View > Filter...' or F3 while in editing mode could write data to wrong file.
- LNG: updated Bulgarian, Catalan and Russian translations.
- FIX: ID3v2.3 TDAT was read to DATE when reading but not stored as TDAT when writing.
- FIX: filtering for field HAS " " was also matching files without blanks.
- FIX: export field parameter at $loop() was compared case-insensitive which caused unexpected behavior at duplicate detection.