Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey's Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom's Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
What's new in this version:
- [2014-08-10] LNG: updated Bulgarian, Czech, Hungarian, and Korean language files.
- [2014-07-14] FIX: search requests to Discogs were not URL encoded anymore (since v2.61b).
- [2014-07-14] FIX: authentication via OAuth 1.0a for Discogs tag sources was not triggered in all cases (since v2.61b).
- [2014-07-13] NEW: added authentication via OAuth 1.0a for Discogs tag sources.
- [2014-07-13] NEW: added scripting function $list(x,y,z) to official documented scripting functions.
- [2014-07-12] LNG: replaced Romanian language file by new translation from Andrei-Felix Areanu.
- [2014-07-12] FIX: runtime error when file name resulting from performing actions was one of the reserved device file names CON, PRN, AUX, NUL, COM1-9, or LPT1-9.