Mary Jo Foley, an online journalist often given the title of “The Microsoft Watcher”, is reporting that the software giant has released a new refresh build of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC (build 17128 to be more exact). Microsoft’s statement: “Today, Microsoft released the latest pre-release build of SP1 – ‘Windows Vista SP1 RC Refresh’ — to approximately 15,000 beta testers. This group includes corporate customers, consumer enthusiasts, software and hardware vendors, and others. The code is not available for public download. We are still on schedule to deliver SP1 RTM in Q1 CY08. The final release date is based on quality, so we will continue to track customer and partner feedback from the beta program before setting a final date.”
- The point and shoot is back with 16 lenses: startup Light wants to make the DSLR obsolete in Front Page News
- The PS4 universal remote hits stores later this month in Sony Console
- DirectX 9.0 v DirectX 10.1 for Windows 7? in Hardware Hangout
- Hands-on: Microsoft Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 in Front Page News
- New figures show Chrome dominating over Edge in Windows 10 in Front Page News
- The Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, Band 2, and new Lumias are now on display in Microsoft stores in Front Page News
- Where are the Windows laptops with USB Type-C charging ports? in Hardware Hangout
- Star Wars Battlefront open beta test kicks off today in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.