Mary Jo Foley, an online journalist often given the title of “The Microsoft Watcher”, is reporting that the software giant has released a new refresh build of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC (build 17128 to be more exact). Microsoft’s statement: “Today, Microsoft released the latest pre-release build of SP1 – ‘Windows Vista SP1 RC Refresh’ — to approximately 15,000 beta testers. This group includes corporate customers, consumer enthusiasts, software and hardware vendors, and others. The code is not available for public download. We are still on schedule to deliver SP1 RTM in Q1 CY08. The final release date is based on quality, so we will continue to track customer and partner feedback from the beta program before setting a final date.”
- Pentagon plans long-range missile defense radar in Alaska in Science Discussion & News
- Win with NeoWin... Hello! in Introduce Yourself
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- It’s about time: Google vows to fix the worst thing about its Chrome browser in Back Page News
- Samsung Silent On Disastrous Galaxy S6 Sales in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Complete Switch to *NIX and Linux: May 17, 2015 in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- SourceForge grabs GIMP for Windows’ account, wraps installer in bundle-pushing adware in Back Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.