Gigahertz are out and cores are in. Programmers must begin to develop applications that take full advantage of the increasing number of cores present in modern computers. However, multi-threaded development has been notoriously hard to do. Researcher Stefanus Du Toit discusses and demonstrates RapidMind, a software system he co-authored, that takes the pain out of multi-threaded programming in C++. For his demo he created a program on the PlayStation 3 representing thousands of chickens, each independently tracked by a single processing core. The talk itself is interesting but the demo is golden.
- Feedback on new design in Site & Forum Issues
- hp MSM760 - So Many Issues in Internet, Network & Security
- Bought a 4K Monitor! in Hardware Hangout
- September 2014 Desktops in General Discussion
- Run script at boot as root to reset keyboard backlight in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Tech Comics in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Nokia and collaborators to build 5G test network in Finland by early 2015 in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.