Gigahertz are out and cores are in. Programmers must begin to develop applications that take full advantage of the increasing number of cores present in modern computers. However, multi-threaded development has been notoriously hard to do. Researcher Stefanus Du Toit discusses and demonstrates RapidMind, a software system he co-authored, that takes the pain out of multi-threaded programming in C++. For his demo he created a program on the PlayStation 3 representing thousands of chickens, each independently tracked by a single processing core. The talk itself is interesting but the demo is golden.
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
- Germanwings/Lufthansa A320 down in France in Real World News
- Amanda Knox is CLEARED of murdering Meredith Kercher in Real World News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons in Real World Issues
- XBOX One + Plex = Amazing Home Theater System! in Home Theatre Discussion
- PSA: Humble Store 2K Sale Includes Free Spec Ops: The Line in Computer Gaming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.