Gigahertz are out and cores are in. Programmers must begin to develop applications that take full advantage of the increasing number of cores present in modern computers. However, multi-threaded development has been notoriously hard to do. Researcher Stefanus Du Toit discusses and demonstrates RapidMind, a software system he co-authored, that takes the pain out of multi-threaded programming in C++. For his demo he created a program on the PlayStation 3 representing thousands of chickens, each independently tracked by a single processing core. The talk itself is interesting but the demo is golden.
- Quebec resident Alain Philippon to fight charge for not giving up phone password at airport in Back Page News
- Helldivers Is Like A Video Game Version Of Starship Troopers in Sony Console
- I miss the themes from the good old msstyles (uxtheme.dll) days in General Discussion
- Looking for a specific GPU ... in Hardware Hangout
- Official Religion Thread III in Real World Issues
- EA Shuts Down SimCity Developer Maxis in Gamers' Hangout
- Did the ordered $79 HP Windows tablets arrive? in Tablet, Media Devices & Smartphones
- Just got a Surface Pro 3. Tips & Suggestions? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.