Gigahertz are out and cores are in. Programmers must begin to develop applications that take full advantage of the increasing number of cores present in modern computers. However, multi-threaded development has been notoriously hard to do. Researcher Stefanus Du Toit discusses and demonstrates RapidMind, a software system he co-authored, that takes the pain out of multi-threaded programming in C++. For his demo he created a program on the PlayStation 3 representing thousands of chickens, each independently tracked by a single processing core. The talk itself is interesting but the demo is golden.
- Huge performance degredation with Firefox 38 in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security 10.0.0.5409 in Front Page News
- Formula 1 World Championship 2015 Season Discussion in The Sporting Arena
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- screen recording software in Software Discussion & Support
- Audacity in Software Discussion & Support
- Sir Jony Ive gets promoted to Chief Design Officer at Apple in Front Page News
- A Newbie wants to Learn in Web Design / Programming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.