Gigahertz are out and cores are in. Programmers must begin to develop applications that take full advantage of the increasing number of cores present in modern computers. However, multi-threaded development has been notoriously hard to do. Researcher Stefanus Du Toit discusses and demonstrates RapidMind, a software system he co-authored, that takes the pain out of multi-threaded programming in C++. For his demo he created a program on the PlayStation 3 representing thousands of chickens, each independently tracked by a single processing core. The talk itself is interesting but the demo is golden.
- Amanda Knox is CLEARED of murdering Meredith Kercher in Real World News
- Is the US national "debt" an illusion? in It's a Conspiracy!
- I'm Finally Ditching Windows Phone for Android in Android
- Think you're a Leo? You're not: Star shift puts zodiac out of whack in Real World News
- The question of life and gods answered in It's a Conspiracy!
- Budman and IT security experts, please come in man... in Internet, Network & Security
- Google Fiber Expansion Announcement in Back Page News
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.