Gigahertz are out and cores are in. Programmers must begin to develop applications that take full advantage of the increasing number of cores present in modern computers. However, multi-threaded development has been notoriously hard to do. Researcher Stefanus Du Toit discusses and demonstrates RapidMind, a software system he co-authored, that takes the pain out of multi-threaded programming in C++. For his demo he created a program on the PlayStation 3 representing thousands of chickens, each independently tracked by a single processing core. The talk itself is interesting but the demo is golden.
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in the sporting arena
- Edge + no extension support = failed. in microsoft windows discussion support
- Windows 10 "upgrade" but actually clean install in microsoft windows discussion support
- I've upgraded 7 machines to Windows 10. How many have you? in microsoft windows discussion support
- ShareX 10.1.0 in front page news
- Shutdown gaming PC on No Input in os customization tips and tweaks
- Previously attached images are gone in site forum issues
- The MMA Thread! in the sporting arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.