MusicBee is an application geared toward managing extensive music collections, easy to use and with a comprehensive feature set. It makes it easy to organize, find, and play music files on your computer, on portable devices, and on the Web. It provides playback of a wide range of audio formats, smart playlists with the ability to discover and play new music from the web, advanced tag editing with automated artwork and tag look up, folder monitoring, automated file re-organization, portable device synchronization, and secure CD ripping with AccurateRip verification.
- Supported formats: MP3, AAC, M4A, MPC, OGG, FLAC, APE, TAK, WV, WMA and WAV.
- Audio CDs: Audio CD playback and ripping (with CD-Text capabilities) is supported. CD tracks can be ripped (in fast or secure mode) as individual files or as a single album with embedded cuesheet.
- Conversion: Conversion from and to all supported formats as metadata are preserved. Synchronization of tags only (in case that the output file already exists) instead of reencoding is possible.
- ReplayGain support: both playback and calculation.
- File Organization: Organization and renaming of music files into folders and files based on tag values such as artist, album, name, track number, etc. that can be specified. MusicBee can do this automatically for all files in a music library or the user can choose the files or folders themselves.
- Web Browsing: Browsing of the web using Mozilla's XULRunner environment.
- Scrobbling: Tracks played from MusicBee can optionally be scrobbled to Last.fm.
- Customizable user interface layout.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- MiniLyrics support
What's new in this version:
- thumbnail browser that shows artists, albums and genres with thumbnail pictures
- "Track with Thumbnail" layout for the Now Playing list
- improved layout and navigation for podcasts
- improved podcast directory
- new mini-player layout with artwork and spectrum visualiser
- improved layout and additional configuration options for the Compact Player
- improved search functionality in the Compact Player and Now Playing Assistant
- volume analysis now uses the EBU R128 algorithm
- OPUS is now supported for encoding
- improved scrobble handling when the last.fm connection drops