MusicBee is an application geared toward managing extensive music collections, easy to use and with a comprehensive feature set. It makes it easy to organize, find, and play music files on your computer, on portable devices, and on the Web. It provides playback of a wide range of audio formats, smart playlists with the ability to discover and play new music from the web, advanced tag editing with automated artwork and tag look up, folder monitoring, automated file re-organization, portable device synchronization, and secure CD ripping with AccurateRip verification.
- Supported formats: MP3, AAC, M4A, MPC, OGG, FLAC, APE, TAK, WV, WMA and WAV.
- Audio CDs: Audio CD playback and ripping (with CD-Text capabilities) is supported. CD tracks can be ripped (in fast or secure mode) as individual files or as a single album with embedded cuesheet.
- Conversion: Conversion from and to all supported formats as metadata are preserved. Synchronization of tags only (in case that the output file already exists) instead of reencoding is possible.
- ReplayGain support: both playback and calculation.
- File Organization: Organization and renaming of music files into folders and files based on tag values such as artist, album, name, track number, etc. that can be specified. MusicBee can do this automatically for all files in a music library or the user can choose the files or folders themselves.
- Web Browsing: Browsing of the web using Mozilla's XULRunner environment.
- Scrobbling: Tracks played from MusicBee can optionally be scrobbled to Last.fm.
- Customizable user interface layout.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- MiniLyrics support
What's new in this version:
- New "expanded view" for the artwork layout, where tracks are displayed in-place in the panel
- Expanded view includes support for when the artwork layout is grouped by artist
- Enhanced file organiser: you can define rules in the auto-organiser for each drive, and to move files across drives
- The volume analysis tool has been enhanced to give better feedback and control when peaks would be clipped
- Support for searching and playing internet tracks via Soundcloud
- The progress of long running operations now shows in the windows taskbar (win7+)
- Various layout enhancements for the Tabs Bar
- Enhancements to the "Now Playing Assistant"
- Enhancements to "Mixer" playlist criteria and shuffling
- The library explorer can now be set to not filter tracks in the main panel when viewing Inbox and playlist nodes ie. allows dragging files from the library explorer into the main panel
- Library filters can be directly edited using the right click button on a library filter node
- Improved handling for winamp visualisers and support for "desktop mode" with other visualisers
- Support for premium podcast subscriptions
- Media keys should now work without the need for the "media keys" plugin
- Various new plugins, such as VST sound effects, Discogs Tagger, Track Previewer, Skip Silence, MP3 Blog/ Web File Analyser