Galatcitc Civilizations II is getting a new expansion, set for Nov 2007.
With a November 2007 release date, Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor expands the gameplay of Galactic Civilizations in all new ways. Below is a partial list of some of the new features in the new expansion pack.
- New campaign detailing the final chapter in the Dread Lord wars
- The star destroying new unit, the Terror Star arrives
- Unique technology trees for all 12 civilizations
- Unique planetary improvements for each civilization
- New 3D engine powered map editor
- New Scenario Editor for creating highly detailed custom games
- New Campaign Editor for players who want to create their own custom epic campaigns for themselves or to share with others
- New Metaverse Tournaments: Specific Map & Scenarios recorded to the Metaverse with prizes for top players
- New Ship Component: Atlas. Makes ships in a fleet more lethal
- New Ship Component: Fortitude. Gives ships in a fleet have more hit points
- New Ship Component: Driver. Makes ships in a fleet move faster
- Unique weapons per civilization
- Updated Planetary Invasions
- New Enhanced textures and graphics for planets and ships
- New Galaxy Size: Immense (vastly bigger than current galaxy sizes)
- Extra alien portraits and logos
- Legacy of the Telenanth: Detailed back story of Galactic Civilizations
- And more!