Yahoo may team up with News Corp. to fend off Microsoft's bid to buy the struggling Web portal, according to a Wall Street Journal report on Wednesday. The two companies are in talks about a deal in which News Corp. would take a stake of as much as 20 percent in Yahoo. MySpace and other Web properties of News Corp. would be combined with Yahoo, according to the report, which was attributed to "people familiar with the matter." The deal would also involve a cash infusion by News Corp. and a private equity firm. Yahoo would remain independent.
- Have you retired your last-gen consoles? in Gamers' Hangout
- are you afraid to die? in General Discussion
- iPhone 6 to LG Flex 2 - Good Deal? in Android
- Do you have Comcast usage? in Internet, Network & Security
- Are you stealing content if you have an ad blocker? in General Discussion
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Windows WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Civilization: Beyond Earth – Rising Tide expansion announced in Computer Gaming
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.