Yahoo may team up with News Corp. to fend off Microsoft's bid to buy the struggling Web portal, according to a Wall Street Journal report on Wednesday. The two companies are in talks about a deal in which News Corp. would take a stake of as much as 20 percent in Yahoo. MySpace and other Web properties of News Corp. would be combined with Yahoo, according to the report, which was attributed to "people familiar with the matter." The deal would also involve a cash infusion by News Corp. and a private equity firm. Yahoo would remain independent.
- "Here is why Microsoft wants hamburger menus in Windows 10 for phones" in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Games for Windows and the DirectX SDK on GitHub in Back Page News
- a baby was born... in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- I made the mistake of deploying Onedrive For Business in Software Discussion & Support
- PSU good enough for GTX 750? in Hardware Hangout
- Trouble Finding This Mouse in Hardware Hangout
- How do you change the Windows 8.1 startup logo? in OS Customization, Tips and Tweaks
- Grand Theft Auto V in Gamers' Hangout
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.