Yahoo may team up with News Corp. to fend off Microsoft's bid to buy the struggling Web portal, according to a Wall Street Journal report on Wednesday. The two companies are in talks about a deal in which News Corp. would take a stake of as much as 20 percent in Yahoo. MySpace and other Web properties of News Corp. would be combined with Yahoo, according to the report, which was attributed to "people familiar with the matter." The deal would also involve a cash infusion by News Corp. and a private equity firm. Yahoo would remain independent.
- Editorial: It's time to stop making excuses for Microsoft's mobile efforts in Front Page News
- Mark Zuckerberg to give 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion) to charity in Front Page News
- Microsoft posts guide for iOS developers to get started with Project Islandwood in Front Page News
- How Mac Changed Your Life? in Apple Mac Support
- Chrome to drop support for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and older Mac OS X versions in 2016 in Front Page News
- Microsoft Store employees spread holiday cheer by by caroling in front Apple's 5th Ave store in Front Page News
- Microsoft rolls out Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 RTM in Front Page News
- LG announce its first all-aluminium Android smartphone in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.