Yahoo may team up with News Corp. to fend off Microsoft's bid to buy the struggling Web portal, according to a Wall Street Journal report on Wednesday. The two companies are in talks about a deal in which News Corp. would take a stake of as much as 20 percent in Yahoo. MySpace and other Web properties of News Corp. would be combined with Yahoo, according to the report, which was attributed to "people familiar with the matter." The deal would also involve a cash infusion by News Corp. and a private equity firm. Yahoo would remain independent.
- Say hello to men who hate the NSA but love invading the privacy of women in Real World News
- Ukraine crisis: Nato images 'show Russia troops' [entering Ukraine] in Real World Issues
- Official Dogs vs Cats in Poll Station
- Greenhouse gas fear over increased levels of meat eating in Science Discussion & News
- [Forum] Recent Status Updates Hide/Show Toggle Broken in Site & Forum Issues
- SpaceX Dragon 2 - testing & updates in Science Discussion & News
- Unarmed Man Killed by Police in Ferguson, Missouri in Real World Issues
- Persona 5 announced for PS3 and PS4, Coming 2015 in Sony Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.