Earlier this week, online reports from Japan claimed that Nintendo was planning to offer special mini-games on smartphones as a way to help promote their full games on their consoles. Now Nintendo has flat out denied those rumors and has once again stated its feelings against offering games for the mobile phone market.
In a statement sent to Endgaget, Nintendo said that the reports, which started from a story from the Nikkei news service, had information based on quotes made previously by the company's CEO Satoru Iwata. In those statements, he said Nintendo had plans to use mobile devices to help promote its games. Nintendo added:
However during such past announcements Mr. Iwata has also stated that Nintendo's intention is not to make Nintendo software available on smart devices and as such, we can confirm that there are no plans to offer mini-games on smartphone devices.
Nintendo is expected to announce its financial results for the last calendar quarter on Wednesday. Earlier this month, the company issued an earnings warning, stating that sales of its Wii U home console and its 3DS portable console would both be well behind previous projections. It also stated that it would suffer an overall loss for its third straight fiscal year.